RE: [AQ_NFS] Edit / Delete Ancestors

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2011
      Could you create your own ID#s? Not the same as RIN, I know, but I doubt you
      can reset the RIN.

      /Gunilla

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2011
        I think there used to be a PAF utility that could change the RIN.

        On the AQ file - an ugly way is to delete the person who is currently #1 (copy
        the info so you can add them later) - then you add a new record with your
        name. If the switch is set to reuse deleted records, the new you should be #1.
        You can then merge the new you #1 and the old you # 50,0000 into the new you
        #1.
        Jerry

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 15, 2011
          FamilyInsight will change RINs in AQ.

          John

        • tomhuber.yah@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 16, 2011
            FamilyInsight (Ohana Software) has the capability of editing AQ files,
            BUT (and this is a biggie) if you are running a modified (in any way)
            AQ that has different (that is, non-standard) fields and/or "Other
            Events", FamilyInsight will corrupt your AQ datafile when it rewrites
            the file (It does this with PAF, as well, so it is a native problem to
            FamilyInsight, in that it cannot or doesnot maintain a modified data
            arrangement).

            If you are running with the standard AQ (not modified in any manner),
            then FamilyInsight can offer some very nice features to enhance your
            AQ:
            1 - better place editing -- FamilyInsight utilitizes the "Standard
            Place" feature of NewFamilySearch to determine correct place names (in
            some cases, this doesn't work, since the "Standard Place" is sometimes
            missing or incorrect, but FamilyInsight does allow you to modify and
            create your own "standard place")
            2 - Determining floating names that exist outside your primary
            pedigree. This is a great way to "clean up" files.
            3 - Renumbering the Pedigree -- the ability to change RINs is
            especially nice if you are trying to order the RINs for the names on
            your pedigree to match their place in the pedigree.

            Beyond that, Family Insight has an ugly interface to New Family
            Search, but then, that's me.

            If FamilyInsight would not corrupt a modified data file, then it would
            be a great addition to your AQ software, especially for handling place
            names.

            Tom