  • Karen Jorgensen
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
      "AQ does have the ability to edit place names. Click Help menu > Contents >
      Replace Places"

      That option is grayed out on my AQ and my AQ says it has full functionality.

      What am I doing wrong?

      Thank you.
      Karen

    • Bill Buchanan
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
        Karen,

        I tried just now and I found that the feature works fine if the database is
        in .aq format but not if it is in .paf format. If the database is in PAF
        format and you would prefer to leave it that way, use PAF > Tools menu >
        Global Search and Replace. (Always do a backup before any global change,
        and ask for a list of changes to verify that no unwanted changes were made.)

        Bill Buchanan

        On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Karen Jorgensen <jorgy@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > "AQ does have the ability to edit place names. Click Help menu > Contents >
        > Replace Places"
        >
        > That option is grayed out on my AQ and my AQ says it has full
        > functionality.
        >
        > What am I doing wrong?
        >
        > Thank you.
        > Karen

        Bill Buchanan
        blog: http://billbuchanan.blogspot.com

      • Jerry Barrett
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3 7:57 AM
          From the help text -

          Conf(idential) Notes, Events & Indivs: By default, any data that has been
          marked as confidential (notes that begin with a tilde (~) and have a blank
          line before and after them; events; individuals and marriages) will NOT show
          on this report. By checking this box, you can display the confidential data.
          For more on the confidential settings, see the Confidential Relationships
          discussion.

          Perhaps you need to uncheck the selection box "COnf. Notes, Events & Indivs"
          on the Note Options section before printing.

          I too have a number of confidential notes and they do not print.

          Jerry Barrett

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3 10:02 AM
            Thanks for the reply.  As they used to say in Leadership meetings - "When all else fails read the manual."
            Although when I read it, I misread it. Thanks for getting me to take a closer look.

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 13, 2012
              Using Tree Connect: copy the extracted or indexed data from the site and paste it into the notes. That way, even if the site goes down (say in 10 or 50 years) the information will still be good.

              Please note: message attached

              From: Cleadie B <cleadieb@...>
              To: "AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com" <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 07:25:58 -0800 (PST)

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 13, 2012
                Thanks for the reply. This is what I have been doing, but I wasn't sure if their URL should be left in the space as well as the data from the source.

                From: Cleadie B <cleadieb@...>
                To: "AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com" <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 07:25:58 -0800 (PST)

              • mkitchen@juno.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
                  Get Satisfaction is a good place to recommend improvement to FamilySearch products. If you send feedback and click that you are giving a suggestion for improvement, you will be directed to Get Satisfaction. It is like a forum where you can read other's suggestions. The product teams will have someone, maybe even the manager, read and reply.
                  Merlin Kitchen

                  Please note: message attached

                  From: Cleadie B <cleadieb@...>
                  To: "AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com" <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com>