Re: [AQ_NFS] Re-Numbering (AQ_nfs)

  • Bill Buchanan
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
      In AQ you can select any RIN number to be shown at startup.
      Tools > Preferences > Database > Intial RIN on startup [input the RIN
      number you want] > OK.

      When you have set it to use your wife's RIN, she will always be shown in
      the main position when the database is opened.

      Bill Buchanan

      On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 3:47 PM, James Pitt <jim.pitt47@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Gaylon
      >
      > Are there facilities within AQ 12.1.33 for the re-numbering of
      > individuals? If not is this something that could be considered?
      > I have recently passed on a copy of my wife's ancestral line to my
      > step-daughter and would like to re-number so that she is No. 1 in the
      > listing, thereby becoming the "Home person".
      >
      > Jim Pitt
      > Wiltshire
      > England

    • William Knight
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
        Just go to (Tools > Relationship Indicators > Select New Rootperston)

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
          Jim,

          No need to re-number . . . use Preferences > Database > and set initial RIN
          on start up . . . this becomes the Home person.

          Stewart
          (down the road in Gloucestershire)

          On 26 November 2011 22:47, James Pitt <jim.pitt47@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Gaylon
          >
          > Are there facilities within AQ 12.1.33 for the re-numbering of
          > individuals? If not is this something that could be considered?
          > I have recently passed on a copy of my wife's ancestral line to my
          > step-daughter and would like to re-number so that she is No. 1 in the
          > listing, thereby becoming the "Home person".
          >
          > Jim Pitt
          > Wiltshire
          > England

        • Stewart Millar
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
            Beware . . . Root person (for relationship indicators) is not the same as
            the Home person.

            Stewart

          • James Pitt
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 27, 2011
              I would like to take this opportunity to say "Thank You" to all who have brought to my attention an otherwise unknown feature of Ancestral Quest.

              Changing the Home Person is an ideal solution to my dilemma and I will be using it on this and other similar situations in the future.

              Jim Pitt