Re: [AQ_NFS] Re-Numbering (AQ_nfs)

  • Margaret Thompson
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
      As far as renumbering I don't know if that would be possible but what I do
      is create a new filename (no individuals) and put the person I want to be
      No1 in as the first (only individual) (RIN 1). I then import the gedcom file
      and merge the duplicate of No1 making sure that RIN 1 is the number that
      will stay. That person then becomes No1.

      The other option to make any RIN number the home person is to go to
      Tools>Preferences>Database and then put the dot in "Use" and put in the
      individual's RIN and they will be the Home person no matter what their RIN
      is.

      Margaret

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
        In AQ you can select any RIN number to be shown at startup.
        Tools > Preferences > Database > Intial RIN on startup [input the RIN
        number you want] > OK.

        When you have set it to use your wife's RIN, she will always be shown in
        the main position when the database is opened.

        Bill Buchanan

        On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 3:47 PM, James Pitt <jim.pitt47@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Gaylon
        >
        > Are there facilities within AQ 12.1.33 for the re-numbering of
        > individuals? If not is this something that could be considered?
        > I have recently passed on a copy of my wife's ancestral line to my
        > step-daughter and would like to re-number so that she is No. 1 in the
        > listing, thereby becoming the "Home person".
        >
        > Jim Pitt
        > Wiltshire
        > England

      • William Knight
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
          Just go to (Tools > Relationship Indicators > Select New Rootperston)

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
            Jim,

            No need to re-number . . . use Preferences > Database > and set initial RIN
            on start up . . . this becomes the Home person.

            Stewart
            (down the road in Gloucestershire)

            On 26 November 2011 22:47, James Pitt <jim.pitt47@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Gaylon
            >
            > Are there facilities within AQ 12.1.33 for the re-numbering of
            > individuals? If not is this something that could be considered?
            > I have recently passed on a copy of my wife's ancestral line to my
            > step-daughter and would like to re-number so that she is No. 1 in the
            > listing, thereby becoming the "Home person".
            >
            > Jim Pitt
            > Wiltshire
            > England

          • Stewart Millar
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
              Beware . . . Root person (for relationship indicators) is not the same as
              the Home person.

              Stewart

            • James Pitt
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 27, 2011
                I would like to take this opportunity to say "Thank You" to all who have brought to my attention an otherwise unknown feature of Ancestral Quest.

                Changing the Home Person is an ideal solution to my dilemma and I will be using it on this and other similar situations in the future.

                Jim Pitt