Re-Numbering (AQ_nfs)

  • James Pitt
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011

      Are there facilities within AQ 12.1.33 for the re-numbering of individuals? If not is this something that could be considered?
      I have recently passed on a copy of my wife's ancestral line to my step-daughter and would like to re-number so that she is No. 1 in the listing, thereby becoming the "Home person".

      Jim Pitt
      Wiltshire
      England

    • Margaret Thompson
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
        As far as renumbering I don't know if that would be possible but what I do
        is create a new filename (no individuals) and put the person I want to be
        No1 in as the first (only individual) (RIN 1). I then import the gedcom file
        and merge the duplicate of No1 making sure that RIN 1 is the number that
        will stay. That person then becomes No1.

        The other option to make any RIN number the home person is to go to
        Tools>Preferences>Database and then put the dot in "Use" and put in the
        individual's RIN and they will be the Home person no matter what their RIN
        is.

        Margaret

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
          In AQ you can select any RIN number to be shown at startup.
          Tools > Preferences > Database > Intial RIN on startup [input the RIN
          number you want] > OK.

          When you have set it to use your wife's RIN, she will always be shown in
          the main position when the database is opened.

          Bill Buchanan

          On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 3:47 PM, James Pitt <jim.pitt47@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Gaylon
          >
          > Are there facilities within AQ 12.1.33 for the re-numbering of
          > individuals? If not is this something that could be considered?
          > I have recently passed on a copy of my wife's ancestral line to my
          > step-daughter and would like to re-number so that she is No. 1 in the
          > listing, thereby becoming the "Home person".
          >
          > Jim Pitt
          > Wiltshire
          > England

        • William Knight
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
            Just go to (Tools > Relationship Indicators > Select New Rootperston)

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
              Jim,

              No need to re-number . . . use Preferences > Database > and set initial RIN
              on start up . . . this becomes the Home person.

              Stewart
              (down the road in Gloucestershire)

              On 26 November 2011 22:47, James Pitt <jim.pitt47@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Gaylon
              >
              > Are there facilities within AQ 12.1.33 for the re-numbering of
              > individuals? If not is this something that could be considered?
              > I have recently passed on a copy of my wife's ancestral line to my
              > step-daughter and would like to re-number so that she is No. 1 in the
              > listing, thereby becoming the "Home person".
              >
              > Jim Pitt
              > Wiltshire
              > England

            • Stewart Millar
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 26, 2011
                Beware . . . Root person (for relationship indicators) is not the same as
                the Home person.

                Stewart

              • James Pitt
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 27, 2011
                  I would like to take this opportunity to say "Thank You" to all who have brought to my attention an otherwise unknown feature of Ancestral Quest.

                  Changing the Home Person is an ideal solution to my dilemma and I will be using it on this and other similar situations in the future.

                  Jim Pitt