Re: [AQ_NFS] blank mrin

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2009
      Thanks Scott for this information

      I knew that even if you delete all the people in a family the marriage remains and you have to actually delete the marriage. But your message reminded me to check my database for marriages with no people.

      I searched for marriages and then had the filter changed to husband and the top ones that come up are the "marriages" with blank husbands. There were wives on and this was to be expected because there were children born out of wedlock, but four had no wives at all. I pulled up those four and found no families and then deleted.

      It is good to clean up your files like that and I appreciate the reminder.

      If you uploaded your whole gedcom file, it is probably there but someone may have combined your information with others. Or if you submitted it to the Pedigree Resource File, it may not be there as not all the PRF has been sent over to nFS. It is not recommended that a complete file be uploaded to nFS. So even if your submission is missing, if that person is there just sync your information to it to add to or edit information already on the system

      Leslie

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2009
        At 05:43 AM 6/29/2009, Leslie Vaughn wrote:

        >I knew that even if you delete all the people in a family the
        >marriage remains and you have to actually delete the marriage. But
        >your message reminded me to check my database for marriages with no people.

        The problem was that NFS created two marriages when
        downloading the family. This may have been caused because AQ had
        crashed, I don't remember for sure. The farther back I've gone the
        more problems I've had. I think AQ may have a memory leak when
        dealing with NFS. It seems to run slower and then will crash.

        >If you uploaded your whole gedcom file, it is probably there but
        >someone may have combined your information with others. Or if you
        >submitted it to the Pedigree Resource File, it may not be there as
        >not all the PRF has been sent over to nFS. It is not recommended
        >that a complete file be uploaded to nFS. So even if your submission
        >is missing, if that person is there just sync your information to it
        >to add to or edit information already on the system

        I think I uploaded it to the Pedigree Resource File around
        2002 when I completed entering the book. I have been sysncing the
        people forward of our common ancestor up to the living people so they
        will be there for other people. In most cases I have more
        information than the few that I have been able to match. I've found
        if it can't come up with a match higher than 3 it is a waste of time
        to look though them. If NFS can't find a person at 4 or 5 confidence
        when there is a spouse and parents then they aren't there. It's been
        hit and miss, I might find a couple but only one of their children in
        NFS. Some times it has filled in dates and places which were mostly
        lacking in the book. I can do from the late 1700-1910 but after that
        most of them are probably still living and since NFS is primarily
        geared to temple work it isn't much help for those looking for more
        recent descendents.