Re: [AQ_NFS] Place names

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2011
      Thanks Miles and Jerry, for your replies to my problems. One item solved. Somewhere along the line I had imported a few of his entries to my own file, so I still have the extra step to find the one correct entry when adding new names.Guess I'm stuck with the names in the Quick entry, until I enter the next few new ones to pass the thirty mark.

      I had tried that search/replace item before I sent the request. All it did was change the person's file I was working on. I had hit the ALL button (or thought I did) but it didn't work. I tried it again this morning, so hoping I did it right this time.

      Cleadie

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 15, 2011
        Yes there is:
        Easiest method is to enter the correct data to one ancestor's record and save.

        Go to "EDIT" tab.
        Select "Replace Names/Date/Places"
        You will see "Regular Names", "Single Place Names", etc at upper right.

        Do the following for Regular Names, and again for Single Place Names, etc. (I do the "Dates" too - habit.)

        At "Find What" type only the first word of what you are seeking to replace and click the arrow at the end of that box - it will pull up an inventory of all.

        Highlite the incorrect.

        Copy/Paste or type in the correct data.

        Click "Replace With."

        You may need to do it a couple of times.

        ALSO:

        Go to "Edit" tab.
        Click "Find / Replace In Notes"
        Click each box.
        Type in the incorrect and type in what to replace the incorrect with.
        Launch.

        "Go to bed - this one is going to take a long time to run.)