Syning with new Build 33

  • Jones
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2011
      Syncing is faster, but the expanded view while syncing families makes finding a Parent or Spouse match a little harder. There is more "clutter" to sort through to find the selected match. The matches load faster and AQ seems to work with fewer crashes, which is great.
    • Mike St. Clair
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2011
        I'm not sure when this changed, but I've recently noticed a difference
        in treatment after syncing with nFS.

        At present, when you are doing a nFS review on a person and find that an
        ordinance has been reserved but not completed, if you pull that
        information into AQ it shows as Reserved, but AQ does not treat that the
        same as it does Submitted. When Submitted is entered in a temple date
        field, it shows as a letter for that ordinance in lower case - e.g.
        Baptism shows as b, Endowment as e, etc. when looking at the Family View.

        Since the change (perhaps build 33) the Family View is blank where those
        ordinances formerly were marked with the lower case letters any time the
        field contains Reserved.

        Formerly, those reserved ordinances were marked in the AQ file as
        "Submitted", or perhaps AQ displayed the lower case letters when
        Reserved was present.

        All I know is to get an accurate display of work that is reserved but
        not completed in the Family View, I have to globally replace Reserved
        with Submitted. I didn't formerly have to go through that step, which
        is somewhat of a pain when you are doing a project and get interrupted,
        losing track of what portion of a family you have completed.

        I might note that in the Sealed to Parents date field, if you use Review
        to pull in the contents of that field to AQ, it puts "Submitted" in and
        displays properly. I believe this matches the behavior that formerly
        occurred in the Baptism and Endowment field. I'd sure like to see those
        handled the same way once again.

        Mike St. Clair
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2011
          Mike:

          The design of AQ is to change the word "Reserved" to "Submitted" when it
          is downloaded from nFS to AQ. It appears that when we fixed something
          else in build 33, we broke the way AQ handled this name change. We just
          fixed this, and put out a patch file.

          If you would like this fix immediately, download this file:

          www.inclinesoftware.net/files/Latest.zip

          Then extract the contents ("ancquest.exe" and "aq.1033lng") to your AQ
          program file, which is normally:

          C:/Program Files/Incline Software/Ancestral Quest 12.1

          This will replace your current copy of AQ with the patched version,
          which contains this fix.

          Gaylon

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 31, 2011
            Fantastic! That resolved it.