Collaboration problem

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2011
      Lately, every few days, I get error messages about the file no longer being
      checked out to me, and I can't check it back in. I try to fix it by
      re-publishing the most recent aq file I have, and it works for a few days,
      and then the same problem is back.

      I am really the only person using these files. I post to the collaboration
      server, so my brother can have access if he needs to update something. To
      use it as a backup isn't working too great, if I can't update with the
      latest changes.

      What is causing this? How to I fix permanently?

      Gunilla Manell
      1488 NW 2 AVE
      ONTARIO OR 97914
      Phone# 541-889-9076
      e-mail: <mailto:gmanell@...> gmanell@...
      HOME PAGE URL:
      <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/> http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/
      FAMILY TREE HOME PAGE URL:
      <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html>
      http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html

    • Bill Buchanan
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2011
        Have you considered DropBox as an alternative? Not only does it allow
        you to synchronize your AQ data file automatically across multiple
        computers/devices, but if you keep the data file in the Public folder
        you can give your brother a link to the file so he has on-going
        access. A 2GB account is free. I have no connection to Dropbox other
        than having a free account there, but it sure is handy!

        Bill Buchanan
        blog: http://billbuchanan.blogspot.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22, 2011
          Thanks for the suggestion, Bill.

          Also my brother sent me an invitation so sign up with DropBox, so I may give
          that a try.

          In the meantime, Paul at Incline is trying to figure out what my problem is.

          /Gunilla

          On 9/21/11, Gunilla Manell <gmanell@... <mailto:gmanell%40manell.net>