Notes page

  • Sally
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11 8:03 AM
      Has there been a discussion of the notes page? Mine has changed and now fills the whole screen. I do not like using such a wide space to type notes. Is there a way to go back to whatever we had before the new version that I used happily for years?

      Thanks,
      Sally Bailey
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11 12:28 PM
        --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, Sally <fbsb@...> wrote:

        > Has there been a discussion of the notes page? Mine has changed and now fills the whole screen. I do not like using such a wide space to type notes. Is there a way to go back to whatever we had before the new version that I used happily for years?

        Yes. It is a bug that is being addressed. Gaylon wrote the following:

        "Sometime, if you hold your mouth just right, clicking on the Resize button will work to take the notes screen out of full screen mode.

        This is a work-around until we can resolve this:

        1) Locate your "Ancquest.ini" file. The easiest way to do this is to:
        a) go to the "Help" menu, then
        b) open the "About" screen, then
        c) Hold the <Alt+Ctrl+Shift> keys while you double-click on the
        number of individuals

        2) I recommend opening this file in Notepad (if you followed the steps above, simple click on the View button)

        3) Close AQ

        4) Search the "ini" file for this item:
        SizePosMinMaxState

        This should be set to "= 0" if it is not maximized, or to "= 1" if it is maximized.

        You can either change the 1 to a 0 and save the file, or delete the line from the file. The next time you start AQ, the Notes screen should not be maximized. Until we can get this fixed, try not to "Maximize" the screen, just stretch it larger as needed.

        == end of quote ==
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11 12:47 PM
          I am wondering if by chance you are running win7 on your computer? I have noticed that if you happen to move a window too far up to the right corner, then the window maximizes. Solution for that is to grab the top with the mouse and pull the window back down and left and it goes back to previous size.

          /Gunilla

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 11 4:11 PM
            Thanks, Gunilla, your suggestion works, albeit temporarily. But even pulling the window to a managable size each time will be better than that wide, full screen. These old eyes grow tired easily.

            -Sally Bailey