Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ and combined nFS

    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 23 8:02 AM
      When AQ accesses a record from nFS, it is given a list of all the nFS
      IDs by which that record has been known. AQ simply counts these and
      displays that number, minus the current number, as the number displayed
      is meant to convey "Other" IDs, not "Total" IDs. You will often see a
      count of 0 when you look at a record that has never been combined with
      another record.

      I don't know the full set of rules for when nFS creates a new ID for a
      person, but I believe you could have a situation like this:

      Bob Smith - ID1
      Bob Smith - ID2
      Robert Smith - ID3

      When you combine ID1 and ID2, you end up with:

      Bob Smith - ID4 (Includes ID1 and ID2)
      Robert Smith - ID3

      Then when you combine ID4 and ID3, you en up with:

      Robert (Bob) Smith - ID5 (Includes ID1, ID2, ID3 and ID4)

      So nFS's "Combined Records" screen for ID5 would show 3 original
      records. But AQ's display of Other IDs for ID5 would show 4 other IDs.

      Both displays are accurate. nFS is not showing you all the IDs by which
      the person can be accessed -- it is showing the original records. AQ is
      showing a count of other IDs. Actual original records would often be
      somewhat fewer.

      Hope this helps.

      Gaylon