RE: [AQ_NFS] AQ and combined nFS

  • register
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 23, 2009
      Stewart, you may be right. I checked a few small duplicates and yes they do
      agree.

      Eric

      To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [AQ_NFS] AQ and combined nFS

      I have the same issue appearing in my checks between AQ and nFS.

      The smaller numbers 2,3,4 duplicates do agree - but with some of the bigger
      numbers I have the problem - AQ says 15 Other ID's and yet the nFS combined
      records says 12 combined records.

      A possibility that I have not yet had the time (or patience) to check is
      ---- I wonder if any one of the 12 combined records in nFS is itself a
      combined record of a further 3 records that would make the AQ number agree
      with nFS. If what I have suggested is a possibility, then when there is a
      difference, the AQ number should always be bigger than the nFS number.

      === Stewart

      From: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups. <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com> com
      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 23, 2009
        When AQ accesses a record from nFS, it is given a list of all the nFS
        IDs by which that record has been known. AQ simply counts these and
        displays that number, minus the current number, as the number displayed
        is meant to convey "Other" IDs, not "Total" IDs. You will often see a
        count of 0 when you look at a record that has never been combined with
        another record.

        I don't know the full set of rules for when nFS creates a new ID for a
        person, but I believe you could have a situation like this:

        Bob Smith - ID1
        Bob Smith - ID2
        Robert Smith - ID3

        When you combine ID1 and ID2, you end up with:

        Bob Smith - ID4 (Includes ID1 and ID2)
        Robert Smith - ID3

        Then when you combine ID4 and ID3, you en up with:

        Robert (Bob) Smith - ID5 (Includes ID1, ID2, ID3 and ID4)

        So nFS's "Combined Records" screen for ID5 would show 3 original
        records. But AQ's display of Other IDs for ID5 would show 4 other IDs.

        Both displays are accurate. nFS is not showing you all the IDs by which
        the person can be accessed -- it is showing the original records. AQ is
        showing a count of other IDs. Actual original records would often be
        somewhat fewer.

        Hope this helps.

        Gaylon