Note section

  • cleadieb
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 22, 2011
      A few days ago I was working in a Note section, and the space suddenly went to full screen. Now I cannot get it to min. or reduce back to the original size.

      I like the full size screen to work with, but the "normal" size is closer to the size the printout is, which helps in formatting correctly.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 22, 2011
        Cleadie,

        Try to double click on the top of the note window. Usually that works to
        re-size any window.

        /gunilla

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 22, 2011
          Should have tried that in AQ before sending my reply (below). It doesn't
          look like it works in AQ on the note window. - Sorry.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 22, 2011
            Thanks anyway . . . ;-)

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 22, 2011
              Cleadie:

              We were made aware of this problem recently, but haven't had a chance to
              determine why the Notes window started doing this. Sometime, if you hold
              your mouth just right, clicking on the Resize button will work to take
              the notes screen out of full screen mode.

              This is a work-around until we can resolve this:

              1) Locate your "Ancquest.ini" file. The easiest way to do this is to:
              a) go to the "Help" menu, then
              b) open the "About" screen, then
              c) Hold the <Alt+Ctrl+Shift> keys while you double-click on the
              number of individuals
              2) I recommend opening this file in Notepad (if you followed the steps
              above, simple click on the View button)
              3) Close AQ
              4) Search the "ini" file for this item:
              SizePosMinMaxState

              This should be set to "= 0" if it is not maximized, or to "= 1" if it is
              maximized.

              You can either change the 1 to a 0 and save the file, or delete the line
              from the file. The next time you start AQ, the Notes screen should not
              be maximized. Until we can get this fixed, try not to "Maximize" the
              screen, just stretch it larger as needed.

              Gaylon

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 22, 2011
                Thanks Graylon,

                Thanks for the reply. I have never used the maximize button, at least not on purpose.Think I will just wait until the fix is made.At least I now know I am not alone.

                Cleadie