New build 31 of AQ 12.1 released

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12 8:40 PM
      All:

      We just released build 31 of AQ 12.1.

      There are essentially 3 major adjustments and several minor:

      1) We have introduced new color schemes called 'Skins' that we think
      will make AQ more visually appealing to work with. You don't have to use
      a new skin -- you can continue to use your current color scheme.

      2) Over the last couple of builds, we have been working with improving
      the handling of fonts on the Pedigree and Family views. While these
      worked fine on most screens, some of the high def screens (wide screens)
      and large font settings did not look as expected in the past. I think
      we've addressed most issues with fonts in this new build. If you have
      trouble with the text being the size you expect on the Family or
      Pedigree view, go to the 'Tools' menu, then to the Fonts tab and adjust
      the size of the fonts. You might also try setting the check mark to keep
      the fonts proportional if you regularly resize your AQ window.

      3) FamilySearch made a change a little over a week ago that broke AQ's
      ability to read notes and sources from the New FamilySearch database.
      This build includes an emergency patch to allow AQ to read notes and
      sources from New FamilySearch again.

      To get this new build, simply start AQ and follow the links on the
      Newsline page to download it.

      Below is the complete list of adjustments for build 31.

      Gaylon Findlay
      Incline Software

      ** General Enhancements **

      * Skins/Color Themes: You will now have a choice of keeping your current
      color scheme for the Pedigree and Family View, or of choosing from
      several predefined color schemes called 'Skins'.

      * Gender Icons: On the Family view, you can choose to show gender icons
      for each person shown. If you don't show the gender icons, you will see
      'M' or 'F' gender indicators next to each child.

      * Text on Pedigree/Family Views: Additional refinements were made. If
      you want to adjust the text size, go to Preferences in the 'Tools' menu.
      (You can use the "Default" button to set the font to the new default.)
      On the Family View, if you make AQ's window narrower, the fonts will
      become proportionately smaller
      In the 'Fonts' tab of the 'Preferences' screen, there is a checkbox for
      'Keep Pedigree and Family View fonts proportional to screen.' Take the
      time to see how this option affects the text on these screens as you
      adjust the size of the AQ window, so you can set it according to your
      taste.

      * Multiple Monitors: When certain dialog boxes were shown, and you had
      more than one monitor, some of the screens often appeared on the other
      monitor. AQ is monitor aware for most screens now.

      * Scrapbook List Report: A new option allows you to list only scrapbook
      items with broken links.

      * Program Startup: When you start AQ either for the first time, or later
      when it can't find a file to automatically open, you get several options
      for how to begin. A new option is to start a file by importing from NFS.

      * Backup File Names:In build 30, we added the ability to add date and
      time to the backup file name. AQ now allows you to specify date format
      as either DD MMM YYYYY or YYYY-MM-DD.

      * Ancestry/Descendant Charts: On some older reports (like
      Ancestry/Descendant), there was no space in place names between the
      comma and next place. Adjusted most cases to have a space.

      ** General Bug Fixes **

      * Language Modules: If you were using a non-English language, and you
      downloaded a new build for which no text changes were made, AQ would
      insist that you hadn't yet upgraded. Fixed.

      ** Bug Fixes to nFS Features **

      * Reading Notes/Sources from nFS: On or about 7/2/2011, FamilySearch
      changed the way they require AQ to read notes and sources. As a result,
      notes and sources from nFS can no longer be read using earlier builds of
      AQ. Build 31 implemented the new method of reading notes and sources
      from nFS.

      * Language Issues: If you had selected a language other than English, it
      would properly show the dates from nFS on your review screens, but if
      you uploaded a date to nFS from your local file, the date would be sent
      to nFS in the selected language rather than in English. nFS didn't
      expect this. The dates are now converted to English prior to being
      uploaded.