Re: [AQ_NFS] reviewing individuals and no notes -- fonts -- colors

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 8, 2011
      Thanks Gaylon. I'm glad the light is not the train coming at me.

      I'll try this tomorrow. It is almost midnight and off to bed I must go!

      I will be looking forward to the change.

      Leslie

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 9, 2011
        Has anyone else tried to follow these instructions. I don't know if it is operator error or my computer is weird. When I click on it, and say click the open box, my I.E. goes nuts. It flashes white and black and takes a long time to stop flashing. Eventually it does and I have 23 open IE files per the tool bar. I cannot open any of them and it stops my computer from functioning. I cannot even do the CAD to shut down the computer. I have to push the power button so it goes off.

        Then I tried copying and pasting the link into Chrome--thinking that IE might be the problem. Instead of the open or save dialog box, I get the download folder and download it and it just makes a link that when clicked one opens IE again and back with go with the flashing and opening and closing many IE screens.

        I have never opened a zip file before. I remember trying to do so in the past and got the same experience so it isn't anything that AQ did wrong. Somehow my computer doesn't know how (or its owner doesn't know how) to open a zip file.

        Any suggestions would be welcome.

        Leslie

[...]

      • Mary-Theresa Dameron
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 10, 2011
          I got the ZIP file to open after putting it in the same folder as directed.
          (By the way, I like the new skins and fonts I've tried so far.)

          I just discovered that NFS isn't available right now to try the notes patch.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 11, 2011
            I have a wide screen monitor - 24". I normally have AQ open on half of the
            screen and I have a CD of the American Encyclopedia of Quaker Genealogy open
            on the other half. I find that with the new fonts, it is much easier to see
            the names clearly than it was before (and I tried all of them before).

            Mary-Theresa

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 11, 2011
              I run two monitors, side by side. I can open two files and drag from to to the other.

              I am able to drag and drop for any file, letter, e-mail whatever and drop it right into AQ.

              Works for me, if at this stage in my life I went with split screens I don't think I could handle the confusion. I sort of cheat here, with squeezing and crunching I can have 4 files up and compare or transfer data, does cause some confusion tho. I prefer the two monitor, two different file options. Much easier and less stressful.

              Bill

              57 Year Old Mom Looks 27!
              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4e1b50dac5cfa350b02st01duc