Source Foot Notes

  • Stewart Millar
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 8, 2011
      AQ prints source footnotes in a proscribed sequence of fields, namely:

      Author , Title , Additional Information_Publisher/Facts , unique Citation
      reference , Citation Date , Repository . etc

      (ignoring any specific Call Number, Actual Text or Comments pertaining to
      the source definition)

      Is there any way of changing this sequence?

      Stewart

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 8, 2011
        Leslie:

        There is light :-)

        The FamilySearch team informed us earlier in the week that they had made a change about a week ago that requires a change in affiliate software to be able to read notes and sources.

        As far as I know, AQ is the only affiliate product that reads nFS notes and sources, so this FamilySearch change might only affect AQ.

        We have put the necessary change into AQ to read notes and sources with the new requirements.

        We still have a few more changes we want to make before releasing the new build 31 (it's almost ready).

        In the meantime, I have just put out a patch file with most of the changes that will be in build 31, including the ability to select color themes (skins), some more improvements to the handling of fonts in the Family view on wide screens, new toolbar icons and the fix for reading nFS notes and sources.

        If you would like to use the patch file, you can download this file:

        http://www.inclinesoftware.net/files/Latest.zip

        and then extract the contents into your AQ program folder (typically "C:\Program Files\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 12.1"). You can verify that you have copied the patch files in correctly by going to the "About" screen and looking at the build date. You should see "7/8/2011" if you are running the patched file.

        If you use the patched file, we would appreciate hearing whether you have any trouble with the fonts on the Family screen before we release build 31 in a few more days.

        Thanks,

        Gaylon Findlay
        Incline Software

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 8, 2011
          Thanks Gaylon. I'm glad the light is not the train coming at me.

          I'll try this tomorrow. It is almost midnight and off to bed I must go!

          I will be looking forward to the change.

          Leslie

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 9, 2011
            Has anyone else tried to follow these instructions. I don't know if it is operator error or my computer is weird. When I click on it, and say click the open box, my I.E. goes nuts. It flashes white and black and takes a long time to stop flashing. Eventually it does and I have 23 open IE files per the tool bar. I cannot open any of them and it stops my computer from functioning. I cannot even do the CAD to shut down the computer. I have to push the power button so it goes off.

            Then I tried copying and pasting the link into Chrome--thinking that IE might be the problem. Instead of the open or save dialog box, I get the download folder and download it and it just makes a link that when clicked one opens IE again and back with go with the flashing and opening and closing many IE screens.

            I have never opened a zip file before. I remember trying to do so in the past and got the same experience so it isn't anything that AQ did wrong. Somehow my computer doesn't know how (or its owner doesn't know how) to open a zip file.

            Any suggestions would be welcome.

            Leslie

[...]

          • Mary-Theresa Dameron
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 10, 2011
              I got the ZIP file to open after putting it in the same folder as directed.
              (By the way, I like the new skins and fonts I've tried so far.)

              I just discovered that NFS isn't available right now to try the notes patch.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 11, 2011
                I have a wide screen monitor - 24". I normally have AQ open on half of the
                screen and I have a CD of the American Encyclopedia of Quaker Genealogy open
                on the other half. I find that with the new fonts, it is much easier to see
                the names clearly than it was before (and I tried all of them before).

                Mary-Theresa

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 11, 2011
                  I run two monitors, side by side. I can open two files and drag from to to the other.

                  I am able to drag and drop for any file, letter, e-mail whatever and drop it right into AQ.

                  Works for me, if at this stage in my life I went with split screens I don't think I could handle the confusion. I sort of cheat here, with squeezing and crunching I can have 4 files up and compare or transfer data, does cause some confusion tho. I prefer the two monitor, two different file options. Much easier and less stressful.

                  Bill

                  57 Year Old Mom Looks 27!
                  http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4e1b50dac5cfa350b02st01duc