Accessing NFS

  • Mary-Theresa Dameron
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2011
      Is anyone else having problems accessing NFS from within AQ? Today is the
      first time this has happened and I spend hours each day in
      syncing/correcting information - and documenting from Quaker sources.

      Mary-Theresa Dameron

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 30, 2011
        Mary-Theresa,

        I sure don't know what was/is going on with nFS. I was unable to log in
        from AQ also, so I tried via Internet explorer. It told me I had either
        incorrect username or password, then I got another weird message:

        " Unauthorized Access

        This system is only accessible in Japan to authorized members of The Church
        of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

        I just called support, and after trying the same user name again, I am now
        in. The tech had no idea why I couldn't get in earlier. Still can't get
        there from AQ. I am going to try a re-boot.

        Gunilla Manell
        1488 NW 2 AVE
        ONTARIO OR 97914
        Phone# 541-889-9076
        e-mail: <mailto:gmanell@...> gmanell@...
        HOME PAGE URL:
        <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/> http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/
        FAMILY TREE HOME PAGE URL:
        <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html>
        http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html

      • dxmdamer
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 30, 2011
          I can get in directly through the NFS website - just not through the AQ interface.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 30, 2011
            The re-boot didn't help. I still can't access nFS from AQ. Any ideas?

            /Gunilla

            e-mail: <mailto:gmanell@... <mailto:gmanell%40manell.net> >
            gmanell@... <mailto:gmanell%40manell.net>
            HOME PAGE URL:
            <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/> http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/
            FAMILY TREE HOME PAGE URL:
            <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html>
            http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html

          • rhopkins523
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 30, 2011
              I am having the same problem. At first I could not get into nfs at all and now I can, but still no luck with getting to nfs from AQ. Rosemary

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 30, 2011
                When you log in through the website, it is a different part of NFS that you deal with rather than the API that allows third-party products such as AQ to log you in.

                Sometimes the main new.familysearch.org site has trouble, yet you can continue to access NFS via AQ.

                Sometimes, like now, the API system is having trouble, even though you can login through the main new.familysearch.org site.

                This sounds like a glitch that the FamilySearch technicians have to fix. If you have a chance to talk to the support folks at FamilySearch, mention that the API system seems to be down. I expect that most of their staff is gone for the evening, and it might be tomorrow morning before I could contact them to look into this.

              • jrlamkin44@att.net
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 30, 2011
                  --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, "Mary-Theresa Dameron" <jbdmtd@...> wrote:

                  > Is anyone else having problems accessing NFS from within AQ? Today is the
                  > first time this has happened and I spend hours each day in
                  > syncing/correcting information - and documenting from Quaker sources.
                  >

                  > Mary-Theresa Dameron

                  My correct login/password produced an error on ancestral quest but I was able to login directly to new family search
                  Jack Russell Lamkin
                • smithous@filertel.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 1, 2011
                    I am a support missionary and this what have been told:
                    We are still having problems with nFS and the 3rd party programs that work
                    with it. Some are getting the message This System is only accessible in
                    Japan to authorized members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day
                    Saints or they just cannot get in.
                    The programmers are aware of this and are working on getting it fixed. ...
                    It is a known issue, try again later.
                    Linda Smith

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 1, 2011
                      Linda:

                      Thanks for keeping us posted.

                      FYI, after I sent my message indicating that we had seen that the login via AQ was working, we received an official notice from FamilySearch that they have resolved the issue.

                      I just tried it again, and it still seems to work, so I think that this has now been resolved.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 1, 2011
                        At 01:39 PM 7/1/2011, Gaylon Findlay wrote:

                        Last night it was giving me problems, said my password was incorrect,
                        went to the website tried there, it would log me in then after a few
                        seconds kick me back to the log in screen. Pasting the password in
                        to AQ got it to log in finally. Someone had asked me something I
                        wanted to check and see if anything had been updated on the site.

                        >FYI, after I sent my message indicating that we had seen that the
                        >login via AQ was working, we received an official notice from
                        >FamilySearch that they have resolved the issue.

                        Scott Scheibe
                        dsscheibe@...
                        <http://scottsworld.info/gene.htm>

                        Descendants of Capt. Henry WOODWARD