RE: [AQ_NFS] Select the browser from AQ

    Message 1 of 8 , May 27, 2011
      Oh shoot, that is disappointing, but thanks for responding so quickly,
      Gaylon!

      /Gunilla

      Message 2 of 8 , May 27, 2011
        I thought it was only me having problems with Firefox and AQ seeming to lock
        up. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. Perhaps your post will lead to a
        change in the future.

        Mary-Theresa Dameron

      • Stewart Millar
        Message 3 of 8 , May 28, 2011
          Firefox has an add-on called IE-Tab . . . . IE-Tab allows you to switch to
          run any web site in IE from within Firefox . . . . with a further option to
          specify specific web sites to always use the IE-Tab when Firefox is your
          default browser.

          I use this . . . and have the FamilySearch web sites set up to use IE . . .
          but still be running under Firefox . . . works perfectly.

          Stewart

          Message 4 of 8 , May 28, 2011
            Thanks, Stewart.

            I'll have to give that a try! J

            Gunilla

            Message 5 of 8 , May 28, 2011
              Gunilla,

              I have to confess that my previous reply on this topic was not entirely
              accurate . . . But the main thrust of my reply was absolutely accurate.

              The "IE Tab Plus" add on for firefox does allow you to either manually
              switch the rendering engine from firefox to IE (and back again of course) or
              to pre set specific web sites to be rendered as IE . . . this is IE running
              under your firefox browser and retains all the firefox toolbars and
              features.

              In the past I have used this specifically to render familysearch sites in IE
              (and have also done so at my local FH Centre) . . . however, I personally no
              longer do this . . . for two reasons . . . (1) I now find that firefox
              (current version 4.0.1) displays all the familysearch sites perfectly (IMO -
              I can find no fault), and . . . (2) Since first setting up the switch to IE
              for familysearch, I now additionally use the Identity Safe feature of Norton
              for storing and auto filling user names and password . . . this Norton
              feature works perfectly with firefox (at the moment) but not when firefox is
              accessing a web site in the IE mode.

              So my message needs to be modified to say that the IE Tab is exactly what
              you need . . . unless you are running Norton Identity Safe . . . but then,
              if I as a firefox user cannot see any rendering or connection problems with
              any familysearch site - either using them directly or as called up via AQ .
              . . what sort of rendering or connection problems are you experiencing? I do
              find it hard to think of any technical reason that would make for a
              different user experience in connecting from AQ to nFS between IE and
              Firefox . . . particularly as both are stated as supported by FamilySearch.

              Regards,

              Stewart

              From: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>
              <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>
              [mailto:AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 8 , May 28, 2011
                Stewart,

                I think I have it now so I can switch over to IE when I need to.

                Maybe it is my computer?? I am running the latest version of Firefox, and if
                I try to use nFS in Firefox, then after following few links, it will not
                display the detail screen for example. I don't remember now exactly what
                the error message is.

                So at least for now you showed me an option to switch to IE.

                Thanks,

                From: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>
                Of
                Gunilla Manell