need more information - sealing to parents

  • Hal Bradley
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2011
      When I submit a family group record in order to create an FOR, I am able to mark the checkbox for sealing to parents for some of the children who I am trying to reserve for temple submission, but for other children it states "need more information" and locks me out of this option. The parents are listed and birth and death dates are listed (born in the 1570's). What further info is needed? Thank you for your help.

      H Bradley
      Message 2 of 4 , May 23, 2011
        As far as I can figure out, there has to be a place listed, or at least inferred, in addition to a date. If some of the children have a place, but other's do not, that might be your problem.

        Leslie

        Message 3 of 4 , May 23, 2011
          Is the temple work done for the parents? They should have their personal ordinances done and be sealed together before children are sealed to them.

          And as Leslie suggested, there need to be a place of birth or death for the parents, and each child.

          /Gunilla

          Message 4 of 4 , May 23, 2011
            Sometimes nFS balks at parentheses, double quotes and other "non-alphabetic
            characters" as part of a name. (except for the single quotes which are the
            same as the apostrophe required in names such as O'Flaherty)

            Bill Buchanan