Re: [AQ_NFS] New Build of AQ Released

  • Bob Penry
    Message 1 of 5 , May 18, 2011
      I installed PRIMO and it works fine IN 64 bit. In the print selection use
      printer instead of PDF and choose PRIMO as the printer. Make sure that you
      have also installed NITRO when you installed PRIMO. (NITRO is the reader)
      when you open the document, it will open in NITRO and you can print to any
      printer of your choice from NITRO.

      This is the entire process:
      Install PRIMO and NITRO
      In AQ choose something to print (I choose a pedigree chart)
      Click on PDF (You will get a screen asking you to either install a PDF
      program or choose one already installed)
      Choose Already Installed and then scroll down on the printer select screen
      and choose PrimoPDF
      Choose Print/Screen With PRIMO as your printer (It will then create the PDF
      file)
      Open the created PDF file (it will open in NITRO)
      Print it out on your attached printer.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 18, 2011
        I decided to give PRIMO a real workout and ran a 7-generation full fan chart. It came out totally legible, but of course very, very small print. In the instructions, I should have pointed out just how PRIMO works. When you choose Print/Screen, the data is output into a special folder on your PC called PRIMOPort. The PRIMO program then opens this file automatically and you then choose the create PDF Option, giving the output file a name and specifying a folder location of your choice. It then opens in NITRO Reader and from there you can print it out.

        At first it seems a long process, but once you get the hang of it, it is quite simple. Its not ADOBE, but you can't beat the price!

        I will again repeat the complete process.
        1. Install PRIMO and NITRO
        2. In AQ: File - Print Reports and Charts (Choose a Report or Chart)
        3. Choose Destination - PDF
        4. Press Button labeled: Select an Installed PDF Printer Driver
        5. Scroll Down on Print Setup Properties and Select PrimoPDF (Also choose Portrait or Landscape for the output) Press OK
        6. Choose Destination - Printer/Screen and press the PRINT button on your Reports and Charts menu
        7. The Print screen will appear and should say Name: PrimoPDF, Status: Ready, Type: PrimoPDF, Where: PrimoPort - Press OK
        8. Your will go back to the Reports and Charts Screen (you can stay there or close depending on if you are going to print more reports or charts.
        9. The PrimoPDF will automatically appear - Click the Create PDF Button Notice the top of the screen gives you options for the file. The Print Icon should be highlighted
        10. The Save As Screen appears - Choose a location and file name to store the file. Example: C:\Users\John\Documents\Genealogy\Mary Smith RIN 3201 Fan Chart
        11. Press Save
        12. Nitro PDF Reader opens and Displays your file
        13. File - Print (Print out your PDF report or chart to the printer of your choice, or send as an E-Mail Attachment)