Re: [AQ_NFS] New Build of AQ Released

  • Scott Scheibe
    Message 1 of 5 , May 17, 2011
      At 12:23 PM 5/13/2011, you wrote:
      >PDF Printing: The PDF-Exchange driver used by AQ requires 32-bit
      >Windows. Users with 64-bit Windows were unable to print PDF files
      >without the "Demo" watermark. AQ will now guide these users to download
      >and use other free PDF creation drivers.

      Primopdf would be my recommendation, I uninstalled PDF-Exchange
      because it putting water marks on everything in Win xp 32. Primopdf
      is free and works fairly well, one of the guys from our IT department
      told me about it a few years ago.

      http://www.primopdf.com/index.aspx

      Scott Scheibe
      dsscheibe@...
      <http://scottsworld.info/gene.htm>

      Descendants of Capt. Henry WOODWARD
      <http://woodward.scottsworld.info/>

      Searching: (first six generation surnames of fifteen partially found)
      ALDRICH, ANTHONY, APELT, BAUM, CHURCH, FRAZIER, GARDNER, HAMMOND,
      HENNIG, HUNT, KELLY, KISSELL, LEIN, MANLEY, MC_CLOUD, MC GINNIS,
      MILLER, MEYER, MOORE, MOSLEY, MYERS, NANCE, RIECHE, SAWYER, SCHEIBE,
      SCHUMAKE, SHAW, SOUTHERN, WALLACE, WALKER, WESTBROOK, WOODWARD
    • Bill Buchanan
      Message 2 of 5 , May 18, 2011
        I use PrimoPDF on my 32-bit Vista computer but could not get it to install
        on my 64-bit Windows 7 laptop. (They may have a new version by now.) On my
        laptop, I installed PDFCreator, PDF Cube and PDF-XChange3. As you have
        stated, PDF-XChange3 adds an annoying watermark in the corners of the
        document. The other two PDF printers work fine, with no watermark.

        --
        Bill Buchanan
        blog: http://billbuchanan.blogspot.com

        On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 6:46 PM, Scott Scheibe <dsscheibe@...>wrote:

        > At 12:23 PM 5/13/2011, you wrote:
        > >PDF Printing: The PDF-Exchange driver used by AQ requires 32-bit
        > >Windows. Users with 64-bit Windows were unable to print PDF files
        > >without the "Demo" watermark. AQ will now guide these users to download
        > >and use other free PDF creation drivers.
        >
        > Primopdf would be my recommendation, I uninstalled PDF-Exchange
        > because it putting water marks on everything in Win xp 32. Primopdf
        > is free and works fairly well, one of the guys from our IT department
        > told me about it a few years ago.
        >
        > http://www.primopdf.com/index.aspx
        >
        > Scott Scheibe
        > dsscheibe@...
        > <http://scottsworld.info/gene.htm>
        >
        > Descendants of Capt. Henry WOODWARD
        > <http://woodward.scottsworld.info/>
        >
        > Searching: (first six generation surnames of fifteen partially found)
        > ALDRICH, ANTHONY, APELT, BAUM, CHURCH, FRAZIER, GARDNER, HAMMOND,
        > HENNIG, HUNT, KELLY, KISSELL, LEIN, MANLEY, MC_CLOUD, MC GINNIS,
        > MILLER, MEYER, MOORE, MOSLEY, MYERS, NANCE, RIECHE, SAWYER, SCHEIBE,
        > SCHUMAKE, SHAW, SOUTHERN, WALLACE, WALKER, WESTBROOK, WOODWARD

      • Bob Penry
        Message 3 of 5 , May 18, 2011
          I installed PRIMO and it works fine IN 64 bit. In the print selection use
          printer instead of PDF and choose PRIMO as the printer. Make sure that you
          have also installed NITRO when you installed PRIMO. (NITRO is the reader)
          when you open the document, it will open in NITRO and you can print to any
          printer of your choice from NITRO.

          This is the entire process:
          Install PRIMO and NITRO
          In AQ choose something to print (I choose a pedigree chart)
          Click on PDF (You will get a screen asking you to either install a PDF
          program or choose one already installed)
          Choose Already Installed and then scroll down on the printer select screen
          and choose PrimoPDF
          Choose Print/Screen With PRIMO as your printer (It will then create the PDF
          file)
          Open the created PDF file (it will open in NITRO)
          Print it out on your attached printer.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 18, 2011
            I decided to give PRIMO a real workout and ran a 7-generation full fan chart. It came out totally legible, but of course very, very small print. In the instructions, I should have pointed out just how PRIMO works. When you choose Print/Screen, the data is output into a special folder on your PC called PRIMOPort. The PRIMO program then opens this file automatically and you then choose the create PDF Option, giving the output file a name and specifying a folder location of your choice. It then opens in NITRO Reader and from there you can print it out.

            At first it seems a long process, but once you get the hang of it, it is quite simple. Its not ADOBE, but you can't beat the price!

            I will again repeat the complete process.
            1. Install PRIMO and NITRO
            2. In AQ: File - Print Reports and Charts (Choose a Report or Chart)
            3. Choose Destination - PDF
            4. Press Button labeled: Select an Installed PDF Printer Driver
            5. Scroll Down on Print Setup Properties and Select PrimoPDF (Also choose Portrait or Landscape for the output) Press OK
            6. Choose Destination - Printer/Screen and press the PRINT button on your Reports and Charts menu
            7. The Print screen will appear and should say Name: PrimoPDF, Status: Ready, Type: PrimoPDF, Where: PrimoPort - Press OK
            8. Your will go back to the Reports and Charts Screen (you can stay there or close depending on if you are going to print more reports or charts.
            9. The PrimoPDF will automatically appear - Click the Create PDF Button Notice the top of the screen gives you options for the file. The Print Icon should be highlighted
            10. The Save As Screen appears - Choose a location and file name to store the file. Example: C:\Users\John\Documents\Genealogy\Mary Smith RIN 3201 Fan Chart
            11. Press Save
            12. Nitro PDF Reader opens and Displays your file
            13. File - Print (Print out your PDF report or chart to the printer of your choice, or send as an E-Mail Attachment)