Managing batches

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
      Today, when I tried to get into Managing batches, when the little window
      opens, it is blank. It does not list my batches. I tried to sync and 2
      legacy batches showed up. Needless to say, I am not able to update
      ordinances that have been done recently.

      I am using build 12.1.28 and windows XP

      What's up?

      Gunilla Manell
      1488 NW 2 AVE
      ONTARIO OR 97914
      Phone# 541-889-9076
      e-mail: <mailto:gmanell@...> gmanell@...
      HOME PAGE URL:
      <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/> http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/
      FAMILY TREE HOME PAGE URL:
      <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html>
      http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
        Gunilla:

        To try to diagnose this a bit, why don't you backup your current
        database -- use a unique name for this backup so that it doesn't
        overwrite a prior backup. Then restore the most recent prior backup that
        you have and see if the backup has this data.

        Gaylon

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
          Gaylon,

          I restored from a backup I made a few weeks ago. The manage batches window
          is being populated now.

          I recently converted to collaboration. Could that have anything to do with
          it?

          I first tried to get the manage batch window while I was I collaborative
          mode with my .ac file. The window was blank.

          Then I converted the collaborative file to an .aq file, and the window was
          still blank.

          Is it possible that once your data has been converted to .ac, you can no
          longer use the Manage batches window??

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
            Gunilla:

            We were just recently reminded that the conversion process did not
            convert the ordinance tracking portion of the database. This would
            explain it. We just fixed this a few days ago, and a new build will be
            out in a few days with this fix. Please hold off on converting this file
            to a collaboration file until after you get the new build with this fix.

            Gaylon

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
              Let me add one thought to anyone who is already collaborating.

              It is not the Collaborating that causes this problem, it is the
              conversion. If you are already collaborating and using AQ's ORTS, then
              as long as you keep the file as a collaborative file, you'll be OK. Just
              don't switch between a normal AQ or PAF file to collaborative (or visa
              versa) once you have started tracking ordinance records in AQ, until you