error

  • prof_pilot_car
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 12, 2011
      All day have been getting this error from searches at familysearch.org:

      The connection was reset

      The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
      * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
      moments.

      * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
      connection.

      * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
      that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

      Trying again does not seem to help. I got the same thing through AQ

      MJ
    • Stewart Millar
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 13, 2011
        Just noticed . . . when I sort the Name List on the NFS id . . . does not
        result in all the individuals with a NFS id being picked up for sorting -
        i.e., I get some of them sorted in sequence but others with a NFS id are not
        picked up and are separated in the sort with random number of records with
        blank NFS id's between them and the main body of sorted NFS records . . .
        additionally, some of those in the sorted results also appear as duplicate
        entries, with their NFS id, as some of these separated NFS records.

        Very odd . . . is this happening to anyone else?

        Stewart

      • Stewart Millar
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 13, 2011
          Cancel this issue . . . was fixed by a close and restart of AQ . . . but,
          without the restart does look like an issue.

          Stewart

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 14, 2011
            Stewart:

            AQ is able to keep the RIN index and Alphabetic index up to date "on the
            fly" as you adjust records. The other sorts are temporary "snapshots" of
            the data.

            After you adjust data that affects other sorts on this screen, you may
            need to re-sort the data. I'd first try right clicking on the heading of
            the NFS id column, then use the "resort" option when you require an
            up-to-date sort. As you've noticed, when you close AQ and restart it, AQ
            will take a new "snapshot" at that time, so the index will initially be
            up-to-date. You could also quickly sort on some other column then
            reselect the NFS ID column. This will also force AQ to rebuild the
            temporary index for that column.

            Gaylon