relationship indicator

  • Scott Scheibe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2009
      It really would be very helpful to know when checking for
      changes to see if a person is a direct line or a cousin. I want to
      download family of direct line people but not really cousins.

      Scott Scheibe
      <mailto:dsscheibe@...>
      <http://scottsworld.info> Scott's website
      <http://dsscheibe.blogspot.com> Scott Blog
      <http://members.cox.net/dsscheibe/vws/> Scott's Weather Station

      Gospel Principles List, Join the list: <http://scottsworld.info/gp.htm>
      LDS Singles List Home Page <http://ldssingles.scottsworld.info>
      Visit The Plan of Salvation <http://salvation.scottsworld.info/theplans.htm>
      & Questions Answered by the Book of Mormon pages
      <http://salvation.scottsworld.info/qabommf.htm>
    • Stewart Millar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 15, 2009
        To only look for changes to direct ancestral families - you can select to
        look at your "Ancestors" and specify zero descendant generations - this will
        give your direct ancestral families including the sibling aunts and uncles
        for each set of direct line parents but none of the descendants of these
        uncles and aunts (your various cousins).

        However - I wouldn't do that. If these cousins are in your AQ database you
        have declared an interest in them and I would certainly want to be aware of
        any other contributor to nFS with an interest in any of my cousins because
        that contributor is almost certainly a relative and we may have more mutual
        information to exchange.

        The nice feature in AQ is the way in which you can tailor the family groups
        that you want to synchronise or check for changes on - you don't have to do
        the whole family tree at once.

        === Stewart Millar