Upcoming Classes on AQ

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2011
      For any of you in Utah, Florida and Georgia, let me make sure that you
      are aware of upcoming classes that I will be teaching on Ancestral Quest.

      =================================

      This weekend, February 25-26, I will be teaching 3 classes in Saint
      George. See this website for information about the expo:

      http://www.familyhistoryexpos.com/viewevent.aspx?eid=25

      You can either register for the whole event, or you can attend just the
      AQ classes for free. You can also drop by the Ancestral Quest booth to
      say, "Hi" and possibly get some one-on-one time with me.

      11:30 (Fri) - Syncing AQ/PAF with New FamilySearch
      4:30 (Fri) - New Features of AQ -- We'll review some of the more
      advanced features
      8:00 (Sat) - Using AQ's LDS Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System

      ==================================

      The following Saturday, March 5, I will be teaching 4 classes at the
      South Davis Regional Family History Fair in Bountiful, Utah. This
      website includes more information about location and registration:

      http://www.familyhistoryfair.com/home.htm

      I believe you have to register to attend, but the fee is minimal. I will
      also be at a booth between classes where you can ask questions. Classes are:

      9:20 - Getting Started with AQ
      12:00 - New Features of AQ -- We'll review some of the more advanced
      features
      1:20 - Syncing AQ/PAF with New FamilySearch
      2:40 - Using AQ's LDS Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System

      ==================================

      The following Saturday, March 12, I will be teaching some of the same
      classes listed above in Jacksonville, Florida. I have not yet received a
      schedule, but you can visit this website for more information:

      http://nfgenealogyconference.webs.com/

      I will also be available throughout the day for one-on-one time at a
      vendor table.

      ==================================

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2011
        I have several files using AQ, but my main one has all of my information on it.

        I had used the collaboration feature and somehow, the system didn't recognize my file anymore and wouldn't let me check it in.

        I also used the check for changes button to see changes from NFS.

        Lately when I added people to NFS thru AQ, those person's names always showed that there was a change when I did the check for change. It didn't matter if I had checked them seconds earlier. I did the check/repair and there were never any errors.

        A suggestion in the help menu when this happens is to just create a new file importing all the information from the old file.

        Because of the collaboration problem and the check for changes problem, I did create the new file.

        Now, my collaboration file is working but when I hit the check for changes button, EVERY person in my file shows there are changes. So I have been filtering my file by alphabet: i.e. Aa to Ae, and then checking for changes and clicking the mark as reviewed box on each one.

        My question: is there a global way to mark as reviewed. Then when I want to check for current changes I can do that?

        Thanks

        Leslie Vaughn