enhancement request

  • Margaret Thompson
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2011
      If possible I would like to see a couple of additions to AQ. One of the things I would like to see is in the change log. I would like it show the people who were linked to nFS. They do not show as changes in the change log. It would help me to see where I was working last.

      Another thing I would like to see is the ability to edit an individual´┐Żs data in AQ from the sync/link screen.

      Thank you,
      Margaret

    • Margaret Thompson
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26 5:11 PM
        A request for enhancement. If nFS allows I would really like to see a marker (icon) of somesort that would indicate what information is showing in the Summary on nFS when you are in the Review and Synchronize screen. Those of us who have slower internet connections it is very time consuming to go to nFS and check each individual and see what is showing in Summary, and you never know when that will be changed by someone.
        Thank you for your consideration.
        Margaret

      • Mike St. Clair
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 26 6:36 PM
          A nice way to do this would be to place the value that is displayed in
          nFS in the summary screen at the top of the list of all possible values
          on the right (the nFS side).

          I'd also like to see AQ replace the currently selected value with the
          one you are currently uploading from AQ to nFS.

          These two enhancements would greatly speed up the whole process, whether
          your Internet is slow or fast.

          Mike St. Clair

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28 7:23 PM
            For the first time, since nfs, I am sharing a file with an LDS person and will choose that the LDS ordinances become part of the file. This person has AQ on their machine so I also want to export the PID and the link. I just tried doing that and it appeared to work the way I want it to. The LDS data showed. The PID showed. Both of which were expected. The thing I didn't expect was that the individuals were linked to nfs.

            My question:

            Was the fact that this newly created file was on the same computer as the original cause the sync to work or will it work on any AQ file on any computer?

            Also if I wanted the same thing on a file shared with a non-AQ user, would that work? I know that, of course they would have to be using another product that syncs to nfs. such as Roots magic, etc. I am assuming that to transfer this file to a non AQ user, I'd have to create a gedcom. Would the gedcom be able to move that over?

            Leslie Vaughn

            .

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 29 3:11 PM
              Leslie:

              NFS affiliates have all agreed to a certain method of sending the NFS
              link via GEDCOM. So if you export linked records from AQ to a GEDCOM
              file, the linkage info (the NFS PID) will be in the file. If you then
              import this GEDCOM file to another NFS ready affiliated product, whether
              AQ or another, the records will be linked to NFS in the imported database.

              Gaylon

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 29 3:20 PM
                Woo Hoo!

                thanks so much