Internet Search FamilySearch

  • Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2011
      Why does AQ Search the old version of Family Search when you choose Internet, Search FamilySearch? I thought it was suppose to search the New Family Search with all the features available there. When will AQ Update its search options?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2011
        As you know, FamilySearch is in a constant state of change.

        Search options in FamilySearch that have long been in beta testing are
        just being made public.

        As of the December 15 build of AQ, there are new options for searching
        against the newly released records of FamilySearch. I would recommend
        that you do the following:

        1) Open AQ's "Internet" menu.
        2) Select "Search Favorite Sites".
        3) Experiment with using the three new searches available for
        FamilySearch: in addition to sending the name as a search criteria, one
        option will send birth information, another option will send death
        information, and the third will send birth and death years.
        4) If you decide that you like one of these options best, then make it
        you default search by doing these steps:
        a) Go back to the "Internet" menu
        b) Select "Favorite Sites"
        c) Highlight the option you want to be the default
        d) Click the "Make Default" button
        e) Now that this is set to be your default Internet search, you can
        use the Toolbar shortcut to activate it. You'll see the icon on the far
        right of AQ's main toolbar that looks like a PC superimposed on a globe
        -- simply click that icon to use your default search.

        After a little more time has passed to allow FamilySearch to solidify
        its constant changes, we will probably change AQ's "Internet" options
        for FamilySearch to migrate from the older search to the newer search.

        Gaylon

        On 1/25/2011 5:37 AM, Jones wrote:
        > Why does AQ Search the old version of Family Search when you choose Internet, Search FamilySearch? I thought it was suppose to search the New Family Search with all the features available there. When will AQ Update its search options?

      • Bill Buchanan
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2011
          AQ Support,

          I clicked the Internet menu > AncestralQuest Home Page > LDS
          [http://www.ancquest.com/LDSFeats.htm%5d
          I noticed that this page is badly out of date, in particular:
          Update ordinance information from Online IGI through special, efficient
          search filters [IGI is no longer used for that purpose, AQ uses the new
          process.]
          Submit names to TempleReady [no longer used]
          Update ordinance information from TempleReady [no longer used]
          Export names to Ancestral File [no longer possible, although PRF accepts
          submissions to the best of my knowledge]
          Prequalifying of individuals for TempleReady submissions [no longer used]

          It would only take a few minutes to have someone update this page to give
          current information. The page makes AQ look years out of date, which we know
          is not true.
          --
          Bill Buchanan
          blog: http://billbuchanan.blogspot.com