Re: [AQ_NFS] Beta test of new AQ build

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 12, 2011
      A user just pointed out that I overlooked something. If you are trying
      to follow my request to switch to Finnish and then back to English,
      realize that the non-English languages are in their native form. Finnish
      appears on the list as "Suomi," not as "Finnish". :-) My mistake.

      Gaylon

    • prof_pilot_car
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 12, 2011
        All day have been getting this error from searches at familysearch.org:

        The connection was reset

        The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
        * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
        moments.

        * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
        connection.

        * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
        that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

        Trying again does not seem to help. I got the same thing through AQ

        MJ
      • Stewart Millar
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 13, 2011
          Just noticed . . . when I sort the Name List on the NFS id . . . does not
          result in all the individuals with a NFS id being picked up for sorting -
          i.e., I get some of them sorted in sequence but others with a NFS id are not
          picked up and are separated in the sort with random number of records with
          blank NFS id's between them and the main body of sorted NFS records . . .
          additionally, some of those in the sorted results also appear as duplicate
          entries, with their NFS id, as some of these separated NFS records.

          Very odd . . . is this happening to anyone else?

          Stewart

        • Stewart Millar
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 13, 2011
            Cancel this issue . . . was fixed by a close and restart of AQ . . . but,
            without the restart does look like an issue.

            Stewart

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 14, 2011
              Stewart:

              AQ is able to keep the RIN index and Alphabetic index up to date "on the
              fly" as you adjust records. The other sorts are temporary "snapshots" of
              the data.

              After you adjust data that affects other sorts on this screen, you may
              need to re-sort the data. I'd first try right clicking on the heading of
              the NFS id column, then use the "resort" option when you require an
              up-to-date sort. As you've noticed, when you close AQ and restart it, AQ
              will take a new "snapshot" at that time, so the index will initially be
              up-to-date. You could also quickly sort on some other column then
              reselect the NFS ID column. This will also force AQ to rebuild the
              temporary index for that column.

              Gaylon