Notes from NFS

  • Mary-Theresa Dameron
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 26, 2010
      What is the best way to transfer notes you find in NFS to Ancestral Quest?
      All I have been doing is using the control-C in NFS and then pasting into
      AQ's notes. Is there another way?

      Mary-Theresa Dameron

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2010
        Mary-Theresa:

        You would use <Ctrl+C> and <Ctrl+V>.

        Let me make sure you are using the best screen to do this.

        Once you are "Reviewing" a local record with the NFS record, you can
        click on any NFS event to bring up more details about that event. From
        that screen, you can load NFS notes, then click the "Notes" button to
        review the notes further. You'll get to the same notes review screen by
        using the "Notes" button at the bottom of the "Review" screen. (There is
        a screen with the title of, "Review and Synchronize FamilySearch Person
        with Local Individual." In the menus that take you to this screen, this
        is listed as "Review Individual" or "Review with FamilySearch". This is
        the screen I refer to as the "Review" screen.)

        Once you have loaded the nFS notes, and are in the Notes screen, you'll
        see the local notes in the upper left corner of the screen and the
        summary of nFS notes in the lower left corner. You can either select
        notes from the nFS notes, then <Ctrl+C> to copy them and <Ctrl+V> to
        paste them into your local notes above, or you can select a specific
        event from nFS on the right side of of this screen from which to copy
        the nFS notes.

        Gaylon

        On 12/26/2010 3:21 PM, Mary-Theresa Dameron wrote:
        > What is the best way to transfer notes you find in NFS to Ancestral Quest?
        > All I have been doing is using the control-C in NFS and then pasting into
        > AQ's notes. Is there another way?
        >

        > Mary-Theresa Dameron

      • Mary-Theresa Dameron
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 27, 2010
          Thanks Gaylon, that is what I have been doing the last week.