Re: Beta Test of New FamilySearch

  • Ken Doyle
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 2010

      The zipped file is corrupt at this end. I am currently beta testing. Well the test is about over.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 13, 2010
        All:

        Apparently the beta testing is over, as New.FamilySearch.org currently
        says it is the December 2010 version, and the NFS beta version of the AQ
        patch will no longer work.

        Due to some testing by others, we have found one bug that will be
        addressed in a new build in the next couple of days:

        If you work with an nFS individual in AQ who was born in the last 95
        years, you may get a message indicating that you will need to get
        permission from the nearest living relative. This message should only
        be presented when you attempt to reserve ordinances for the person. If
        you are not reserving ordinances, and you see this message, just ignore
        it. The new build will remove improper presentation of the message.

        Gaylon

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 8, 2011
          All:

          New FamilySearch is now in beta test of the February, 2011 release. It
          is expected to be available until about February 14.

          I have just made available a special version of AQ that will work with
          the beta of New FamilySearch, rather than the live data on New
          FamilySearch.

          If you have the time and energy, please spend a bit of time over the
          next few days testing AQ with the new features of New FamilySearch. It
          is possible that New FamilySearch has introduced bugs that might affect
          AQ. If we discover these now, we might be able to get FamilySearch to
          fix the bugs before they release the February 2011 build.

          (Some of you may have experienced a bug introduced in the December 2010
          release, which causes an error 500 when looking up ordinance reservation
          information on some individuals. Unfortunately, even though we reported
          this to FamilySearch immediately, it has still not been fixed. But if
          you find other bugs, we may be able to alert FamilySearch in time to fix
          it before they release this new build.)

[...]

          IMPORTANT: When you prepare a test copy of your database to use in this
          testing, go to AQ's "FamilySearch" menu and use the "Unlink" tool to
          UNLINK ALL INDIVIDUALS. If you have used the Ordinance Reservation and
          Tracking System, first flush all reservations from AQ's database by: 1)
          Going into the "Reserve Ordinances/Create Batches" screen and Remove all
          records; 2) Going into the "Manage Batches" screen and remove all batches.

          To test with the Beta data of New FamilySearch, you need to flush all
          your old links, because the beta data is older, and may not have some of
          the records you have linked to. This would cause errors in AQ as it
          tries to locate missing nFS records.

          So during testing, start fresh with your test database and link records
          as you go during testing. Also if you are testing the Reservation
          system, make reservations in the beta system as you go.

          If you are unable to login to the beta version of NFS with this special
          version of AQ, try these two things:

          1) Make sure you are using the new LDS Account rather than an older NFS
          Login. The older login will no longer work in NFS once this build of NFS
          is released.

          2) See if you are set up to run in the beta of New FamilySearch. Go to
          "ftbeta.familysearch.org" in your browser. If your login credentials
          work there, they should work in AQ. If they don't work there, then you
          won't expect AQ to be able to log you into this special beta version of
          NFS.

          Thank you,

          Gaylon Findlay
          Incline Software

        • Terry Smith
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 8, 2011
            Dear Gaylon...

            This particular version of nFS is for non-members and so tjwy could
            create a different log on to check out the features that will NOT show
            LDS data. There is a process to go through too. Just a little
            headsup!! ---- Terry