Re: [AQ_NFS] Re: Add using nFS ID

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2010
      Ken:

      Let me take this a bit further.

      In another message, you say that the person does exist in nFS, but is
      not part of the nFS family as he/she should be.

      If you'll use a combination of what both Leslie and Jerry have
      suggested, you can kill two birds with one stone.

      I would:

      1) Add this child to my family in AQ -- just minimal data as Jerry suggests.
      2) Go to the "Review Individual with FamilySearch" screen for a member
      of the family who is already linked.
      3) Go to the "Parents/Siblings" or "Spouses/Children" screen to get the
      family which should include this child.
      4) Expand the proper family and make sure the parents are linked between
      your file and the nFS file.

      You should now be looking at the family of interest both in AQ and in
      nFS. You should see the name of this child you are dealing with in the
      local family, but not in the nFS side.

      5) Click the option box for the child in question on the local side.
      6) Select the option to search for a matching record in nFS.
      7) As Jerry indicated, use the "Search" option to search by nFS ID to
      locate the matching record.
      8) Select the matching record, then choose the "Sync" option. (The
      record will not yet be synced, but will be marked to be synced when you
      later hit the "Process" button on the Family Sync screen.)

      This should take you back to the family sync screen, with the option box
      for the child still open, but it will now show that you have found a
      matching nFS record.

      9) Click 'OK' on the Options box.

      The screen should now show that the nFS child will be linked both to
      your newly added local child record, and also be linked on nFS into the
      family, so that nFS will have an extra family member.

      You'll end up both linking your local record, which you can later review
      and pull more data from nFS to your local record, and you will also
      improve the nFS family to now include a child that wasn't linked in before.

      Gaylon

    • Ken Doyle
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2010
        Dear Leslie, Jerry and Gaylon,

        Thank you all. I have printed out your solutions, because I won't remember it all, to use with this problem that comes up occasionally.

        THANK YOU.

        Cheers,

        Ken