Re: [AQ_NFS] Change of Gender

  • Paul, Incline Support
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2010
      Ken:

      Ancestral Quest will not change the gender of the person in question
      because he/she has a spouse.

      This is a common issue, and is addressed on the Frequently Asked
      Questions page of our site. Here is a direct link to this question and
      its answer.

      http://www.ancquest.com/faqs.htm#TechReverseSpouses

      AQ 12.1 Product Box <http://www.ancquest.com>
      *Paul Johnson*
      Support Technician

      Incline Software
      PO Box 95543
      South Jordan, UT 84095 USA

      www.ancquest.com <http://www.ancquest.com>
      801-280-4434

      On 11/3/2010 12:51 PM, Ken Doyle wrote:

      > Accidentally put a person as a male that should be a female. Linked
      > them to nFS.
      >
      > Could not change their gender.
      >
      > Deleted them from nFS.
      >
      > Could not change their gender.
      >
      > Removed their spouse. Could not change their gender.
      >
      > Unlinked them from the family. Could not change their gender.
      >
      > Seems my last resort will have to be deleting them from the genealogy
      > and losing notes etc.
      >
      > Surely there is a better way. AQ has the areas for Male, Female and
      > Unknown greyed out. Surely I should be able to edit this part.

    • Ken Doyle
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2010
        Thank you everyone. I actually found in the end unlink was not enough. I had to delete the marriage.

        Took me some time to work it out.

        It was an accidental choosing of the wrong sex that did it and I did not notice when adding the spouse they too had the wrong sex.

        I only found this out when trying to sync with a person on nFS. Cannot sync opposite sexes.

        Terry I have four back up systems.

        I know what you mean. Learnt the hard way.