Re: [AQ_NFS] check for changes

  • Miles Meyer
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2010
      The "Check for Changes" lets you see if a recpord has been changed in nFS.
      Once you have linked the individual in AQ to a record in nFS, the "Check for
      Changes" allows you to see if anything in nFS has changed since the last
      time you looked at the record. I find this very useful. I will select family
      groups occasionally to see if anything has changed on them. Sometimes it
      provides a record where I can't see any changes but that isn't too often. It
      lets me know if the record has been merged and therefore has a new PID#, if
      new temple work has been performed or if someone has gone in and made an
      edit to the record.

      If you have made a change in AQ and you want to make that change in nFS
      also, you should use the "Review Record" function. This pulls the AQ record
      and lets you compare it side-by-side with the nFS record so you can transfer
      the change from your database to the nFS record.

      I hope this explains it for you.

      Miles Meyer
      Jacksonville, FL

      On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM, emregister <emregister@...> wrote:

      > I have tried on several occasions to master the 'check for changes' and
      > have
      > come up with no better understanding. I can find nothing in 'help'. If
      > someone can enlighten me it would be appreciated.
      >
      > Eric
      >
      > -----
      >
      > No virus found in this message.

    • emregister
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 6, 2010
        Every time I think I have the symbols sorted out I find later that I am
        wrong. I am referring to the ordinance symbols that appear at the extreme
        right of every name when in the Family view.

        There is an arrow, a check or an exclamation point. What does that
        exclamation point signify?

        Eric

        -----

        No virus found in this message.

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 7, 2010
          The exclamation point signifies that at least one ordinance is in progress.

          Also, when I checked on the nFS site, HelpCenter, and searched for "symbols"
          it said an ordinance may still be needed.

          /Gunilla

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 7, 2010
            As ordinance codes I see BAPSC and some of these letters may be lower case.
            The 'C' - what does it signify?

            Eric

            -----

            No virus found in this message.

          • George Wright
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 7, 2010
              Sealed to Children

              This is an ordinance that is only performed in an LDS temple.

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 7, 2010
                The lower case means the ordinance is not complete but has been submitted.

                The C signifies that all of the children of this person's temple work has been done if it is lower case it means that the children's work is in progress.

                Leslie