Re: [AQ_NFS] check for changes

  • Miles Meyer
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2010
      The "Check for Changes" lets you see if a recpord has been changed in nFS.
      Once you have linked the individual in AQ to a record in nFS, the "Check for
      Changes" allows you to see if anything in nFS has changed since the last
      time you looked at the record. I find this very useful. I will select family
      groups occasionally to see if anything has changed on them. Sometimes it
      provides a record where I can't see any changes but that isn't too often. It
      lets me know if the record has been merged and therefore has a new PID#, if
      new temple work has been performed or if someone has gone in and made an
      edit to the record.

      If you have made a change in AQ and you want to make that change in nFS
      also, you should use the "Review Record" function. This pulls the AQ record
      and lets you compare it side-by-side with the nFS record so you can transfer
      the change from your database to the nFS record.

      I hope this explains it for you.

      Miles Meyer
      Jacksonville, FL

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2010
        I use check for changes multiple times a day.

        What this feature is doing is checking NFS to see if there have been any changes to it since you last synced your selected individuals. Those changes could be anything from someone combining or uncombining or adding another opinion to editing to temple ordinances completed.

        I suppose it is possible to check for changes for all individuals in your data base, but I would not recommend it, unless you have only a couple of hundred individuals in your system.

        You need to select some individuals you want to check. You select them the same way you would select any other type of list. And then you check for any changes on nfs and you can choose to import those changes or not.

        I have too many individuals to do all the temple work myself, so I reserve it for temple file through AQ. When I do that a statement submitted01Nov2010 appears in the date field of the temple ordinance. I check for changes to see if the temple work has been done.

        I select any temple ordinance date equals submitted and currently I have 202 individuals in which ANY temple ordinance field is submitted. Then I check for changes and as the temple work is done I am able to see that and import it into my data base.

        Caution--it seems when a parent has say a sealing date that says submitted and all other ordinances are complete, and a child is baptized, not only the child appears, but so do the parents in my check for changes list.

        Also periodically you have to do a check/repair on your data base because sometimes there are NO changes and the same folks keep popping up over and over again.

        Of course there are other types of lists that I use to check for changes but the submitted ordinance one is the one I use most often

        Leslie

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2010
          Leslie,

          I appreciate your comments. I will explore further.

          Regarding ordinances. Why not simply use the batch feature, let AQ check
          all reservations and then update automatically. I started from my home page
          and it took only 5 clicks and no typing and all of my 500+ reservations were
          checked and updated. Hurray for AQ.

          Eric

          Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] check for changes

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 6, 2010
            Every time I think I have the symbols sorted out I find later that I am
            wrong. I am referring to the ordinance symbols that appear at the extreme
            right of every name when in the Family view.

            There is an arrow, a check or an exclamation point. What does that
            exclamation point signify?

            Eric

            -----

            No virus found in this message.

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 7, 2010
              The exclamation point signifies that at least one ordinance is in progress.

              Also, when I checked on the nFS site, HelpCenter, and searched for "symbols"
              it said an ordinance may still be needed.

              /Gunilla

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 7, 2010
                As ordinance codes I see BAPSC and some of these letters may be lower case.
                The 'C' - what does it signify?

                Eric

                -----

                No virus found in this message.

              • George Wright
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 7, 2010
                  Sealed to Children

                  This is an ordinance that is only performed in an LDS temple.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 7, 2010
                    The lower case means the ordinance is not complete but has been submitted.

                    The C signifies that all of the children of this person's temple work has been done if it is lower case it means that the children's work is in progress.

                    Leslie