Re: [AQ_NFS] Multiple marriages to same individual

  • Scott Scheibe
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2009
      At 04:04 PM 5/27/2009 -0600, Gaylon Findlay wrote:

      I agree this is that is the best way, review the person
      click Spouses/Children combine duplicates, then sync them, the do the
      same with Parents/Siblings. Some times it pays to check the other spouse
      which will show other duplicates of the first spouse. Works a lot better
      than using groups sync because that way you get the marriage and sealed to
      parents information that you won't get with sysncing groups. The people
      you will see already have established connections, but if you search for
      individuals you might come up with all kinds of people. A lot of times
      there isn't enough information to determine if the people are the
      same other than names. It's a bit slower to do it that way but the only
      way to get the marriage/ sealing information.

      I've not had any problems with it importing multiple marriage records. I
      have found some duplicate people and a couple of marriages in my file from
      when I imported gedcoms from a couple of cousins or they had duplicates in
      their files. I've had to merge them as I've found them. I've not had much
      luck with it finding people to merge, I've done better going down the name
      list looking for duplicates but I have over 8800 people to look at.

      >James:
      >
      >If I were going to import one family at a time, I'd be using the "Review
      >Individual" under the FamilySearch menu to review the local end-of-line
      >record with the NFS record, then I'd click on the "Parents/Siblings"
      >option to look at the next generation. From that screen, I'd check the
      >appropriate boxes to import the parents/siblings/events that I want.

      Scott Scheibe
      dsscheibe@...
      <http://scottsworld.info/gene.htm>

      Descendants of Capt. Henry WOODWARD
      <http://woodward.scottsworld.info/>

      Searching: (first six generation surnames of fifteen partially found)
      ALDRICH, ANTHONY, APELT, BAUM, CHURCH, FRAZIER, GARDNER, HAMMOND, HENNIG,
      HUNT, KELLY, KISSELL, LEIN, MANLEY, MC_CLOUD, MC GINNIS, MILLER, MEYER,
      MOORE, MOSLEY, MYERS, NANCE, RIECHE, SAWYER, SCHEIBE, SCHUMAKE, SHAW,
      SOUTHERN, WALLACE, WALKER, WESTBROOK, WOODWARD