New FamilySearch Auto Log On

  • Ken Doyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2010
      Just discovered this is for AQ and not per AQ database.

      Any idea how I go back to manual log on so when my wife uses the computer with her database she can log on to nFS as herself and not me?

      I have searched help in AQ and looked at the various tools preferences.

      Please and thank you.

      It is OK I have just found how to change. So I thought I would continue and post the solution in case someone else has the same problem.

      FamilySearch

      This shows the "Sign in to new.FamilySearch.org" tab and gives you the chance of unticking "Automatically sign me in when needed". Also changing the other options.

      Gaylon I love this new feature.
    • Alec Shaw
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2010
        This brings up a question. If 2 people are using the same computer is
        it possible to have 2 nFS logins?
        What I was thinking about doing was duplicating the AQ program in a
        different folder so that each
        user uses a different instance of AQ. Will this work or is there an
        easier way of doing it?
        I guess the real question is: where is the nFS login saved?

        As with all things - give us something good and we want more.

        Thanks
        Alec Shaw

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2010
          Alec

          If I were sharing the computer with my better half, I'd have AQ remember
          my ID and Pwd, but I would not set the option to automatically login.
          The few times that AQ brings up the login screen, at least all I have to
          do is hit the <Enter> key on the keyboard to have AQ login with my ID.
          If my wife were to sit down, she could quickly enter her ID and Pwd, and
          AQ would then remember that until I take the helm again.

          AQ will only remember one ID and Pwd at a time. That's per machine.

          Gaylon