Re: Ken Doyle invited you to Dropbox

  • Ken Doyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2010
      I just want to apologise to everyone. I joined DropBox recently and a friend was visiting. At the time I was using 530 Mbs of genealogy data to the USA with DropBox. He was interested in joining.

      In the process of sending him a link to join DropBox offered me the opportunity of opening my contacts list. We thought this will save typing the address. It was not till I unticked all and just ticked his name and got a message I had already sent him a offer to join that we realise DropBox had sent to all my contacts.

      The 530 Mbs was my first attempt using DropBox and it got to the USA safe and sound. So I am impressed by it.

      But it was not my intention to post an offer on this list - only to my friend.

      Cheers,

      Ken

      --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, Dropbox <kendoyle179@...> wrote:

      > Ken Doyle wants you to use Dropbox to sync and share files online and across computers.
      >
      > Get started here: http://www.dropbox.com/link/20.sOBM-9UxAn/NjQxNjE4MzUzNw
      >
      > - The Dropbox Team

    • Vickie
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2010
        I for one am glad it slipped through. I downloaded it and
        am trilled with it, as I work on my desktop in the evening
        but on my laptop in the mornings while others in my house
        are sleeping. I can do what I need whenever... Glad to
        have the program.

        On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 21:40:28 -0000
        "Ken Doyle" <kendoyle179@...> wrote:
        > I just want to apologise to everyone. I joined DropBox
        >recently and a friend was visiting. At the time I was
        >using 530 Mbs of genealogy data to the USA with DropBox.
        >He was interested in joining.
        >
        > In the process of sending him a link to join DropBox
        >offered me the opportunity of opening my contacts list.
        >We thought this will save typing the address. It was not
        >till I unticked all and just ticked his name and got a
        >message I had already sent him a offer to join that we
        >realise DropBox had sent to all my contacts.
        >
        > The 530 Mbs was my first attempt using DropBox and it
        >got to the USA safe and sound. So I am impressed by it.
        >
        > But it was not my intention to post an offer on this
        >list - only to my friend.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Ken
        >
        > --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, Dropbox <kendoyle179@...>
        >wrote:
        >>
        >> Ken Doyle wants you to use Dropbox to sync and share
        >>files online and across computers.
        >>
        >> Get started here:
        >>http://www.dropbox.com/link/20.sOBM-9UxAn/NjQxNjE4MzUzNw
        >>
        >> - The Dropbox Team

        Vickie N
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~headstones

        "Think of all the beauty left around you and be happy"
        Anne Frank [1929-1945]