New Build 26 of AQ 12.1

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 26, 2010
      All:

      We just released a new build of AQ 12.1. This is build 26.

      This is a free update for those with AQ 12.0 or 12.1.

      To get the build:

      If you are using one of the recent builds of AQ which show the NewsLine,
      get the update from the NewsLine window by clicking on the link. (If
      your NewsLine window has closed for the day, you can view it again from
      the Help menu of AQ.)

      If you don't have the NewsLine window, go to AQ's 'Internet' menu
      (between 'Tools' and 'Collaborate'). Select the option for "Check for
      Latest AQ Release".

      Below is the list of enhancements and bug fixes in build 26.

      (Note to Family History Centers: The new build for Family History
      Centers is not yet available -- we hope to make it available soon. If
      you have an urgent need to upgrade to this build, contact me directly at
      gfindlay@....)

      Gaylon Findlay
      Incline Software

      ==================================
      Changes in Build 26 (10/22/2010)

      General Enhancements
      ---------------------------------------
      * Photos/Images: You can now view scrapbook photos and source images in
      an external viewer. This will let you zoom and edit the photo. Enable
      this feature either from the Scrapbook tab of Preferences, or from the
      Scrapbook screen of AQ by checking the box for 'Use External Viewer'.

      * AQ Newsline: Adjusted the new Newsline window so you could choose an
      option to view it daily or weekly.

      * Check/Repair: Check/Repair has been enhanced to find and fix more
      items in both AQ and PAF databases.

      * Translation to non-English Languages: Fixed some issues in the
      Translation editing, and moved several text items to the translation
      tables.

      * Family View, Children List: The '*' which indicates a Christening date
      rather than a birth date was too far separated from the date. Adjusted.
      Also, if you displayed LDS ordinances for children, the birth date was
      too crowded with these codes. Adjusted.

      General Bug Fixes
      --------------------------------------
      *Search for Marriage Screen: If you edited a marriage while on this
      screen, then looked at it again while on this screen, it would appear
      that the marriage updates hadn't taken place. The marriage data now
      refreshes properly.

      * Custom Report: If you had saved a report definition, sometimes it
      would not re-load properly, causing problems with the report. Fixed.

      * Move Scrapbook Items: If you used this tool to update not only the
      path of one folder, but the paths of all subfolders of that folder, the
      subfolders were not properly adjusted. Fixed.

      * Family Group Record: If you had set the event type of a custom event
      to "Private", any event of that type should not print unless the private
      flag was overridden for the event. This was not working. Fixed.

      * Custom Event Sentences: When printing a book report or generating web
      pages, and the sentence for the event used the ability to use a
      different verb depending on whether the person was living or deceased,
      AQ always used the deceased option. Fixed.

      * Bookmarks: If you had defined some bookmards, then closed the file,
      and after restarting AQ you used the shortcut to activate the bookmark
      prior to viewing the list of bookmarks, AQ would give a warning message
      and not activate the bookmark. Once you displayed the 'Search' menu, the
      bookmark shortcuts would then work. Now you don't need to show the
      'Search' menu prior to using keystrokes to go to the bookmarked individual.

      * Startup: If you tried to open AQ, and a database was not initially
      opened, and you had disabled the ability to show nFS data (this is a
      very rare situation), AQ would crash. Fixed.

      Enhancements to nFS Features
      --------------------------------------
      * Logging In: nFS now allows AQ to remember your ID and password. This
      has been implemented.

      * General Public: nFS is preparing to allow the general public to have
      access. AQ has implemented the general login, so AQ is ready when nFS
      allows public access.

      * Pedigree View: Ancestry.com links overlapped the nFS icons. Fixed.

      * nFS Marriage Notes: The nFS API has a bug when retrieving marriage
      notes. FamilySearch provided a work-around in the June release of nFS.
      AQ now takes advantage of the work-around to better retrieve marriage
      event notes from nFS.

      * Combine Messages: Improved the messages given to the user when a
      combine fails on nFS.

      * LDS Ordinance Sync Screen: This screen (found when using the 'LDS'
      button on the match screen, or the 'Ordinances' button on the ORTS
      screens) now lets you update the local LDS Confirmation and Initiatory
      ordinances.

      * GEDCOM Export: If you downloaded LDS Confirmation and Initiatory
      ordinances from nFS, then exported your data to a GEDCOM file, yet you
      unchecked the option to include LDS data, these ordinances were still
      exported. Fixed.

      * Reports: If you print book reports (Modified Register/Ahnentafel),
      FGRs or generate web pages, and you didn't want the LDS ordinances to
      show, the new LDS Confirmation and Initiatory ordinances still showed.
      These reports have been enhanced to treat these new events as LDS
      events, and will not show when the option to show other LDS ordinances
      is disabled.

      * Reserve List: If you added someone to the reserve list (either from
      your database, or an individual from nFS who was not in your database)
      who was not linked to the corresponding nFS person, and you later linked
      the person from some other screen, AQ will now acknowlege the link in
      this screen.

      *Reserve List: In the August 2010 release of nFS, FamilySearch
      introduced a bug in the API that AQ uses to get the complete reserve
      list. This made it so that AQ could no longer reload portions of the
      reserve list using either the 'Reconcile' button of the 'Manage Batches'
      screen, or the 'Add All Reserved Records' to AQ's reserve list. AQ has
      been enhanced to work around this bug in nFS.

      * Create Batches/Reserve Ordinances Screen: Added a progress bar when
      groups of records are being processed.

      * Possible Problems Report: If you added LDS Confirmation or Initiatory
      events to individuals, this report would most likely flag these as
      problems. These events are no longer checked for the problem report.

      Bug Fixes to nFS Features
      * Marriage Event Notes: If you added a note to a marriage event on the
      nFS side of the spouse/children Sync screen, it didn't add to nFS. Fixed.

      * nFS Notes: If you loaded notes/sources for nFS parents, then closed
      the event screen and reopened it, you'd have to load the notes/sources
      again. Fixed.

      * nFS Dates: If a date came from nFS in the format of 'YYYYMMDD' (ie
      18661101), and if you had your preferences set to European date entry,
      the date would be interpreted as 'YYYYDDMM' (ie Jan 11 1866 rather than
      Nov 1 1866). Fixed.

      * ORTS Review Batch Screen: If a card was associated with a person whose
      individual ordinances were not done, but the Seal to Spouse was
      completed, the card could not be reprinted. Fixed.

      * LDS Ordinance Sync Screen: This screen (found when using the 'LDS'
      button on the match screen, or the 'Ordinances' button on the ORTS
      screens) had a bug wherein if you had an nFS parent set with only one
      parent, then tried to select that set of parents, AQ would crash. Fixed.

      * Family Sync Screen: If you added parents from your local file who were
      already linked to nFS parents, after the child was linked in nFS to the
      existing parents, as AQ tried to also add the marriage event, AQ would
      crash. Fixed.
    • emregister
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2010
        There appears to be a change. When reserving ordinances I normally click on
        'endowment' and all pre-requisite ordinances are checked. Then I assign
        these to the temple. Previously, all ordinances were then assigned to
        'temple', Now, baptism is left as 'me'. As a workaround if I assign
        baptism to temple then all the others follow.

        I have missed a few this way and processed them with the baptism as me and
        the others as temple. Easy to fix but a change nevertheless.

        Eric

        -----

        No virus found in this message.

      • emregister
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 12, 2010
          I am starting an AQ class at the FHC and have urged everyone to update their
          AQ. However, Salt Lake does not appear to have build 26 for us to download.
          It would be nice to have the same version on the FHC machines as on their
          home machines and I like some of the new features. Has anyone had any other
          experiences getting the new build from Salk Lake?

          Gaylon, long ago you sent me to a sight that would allow me to download AQ
          for the FHC without depending on SLC. Is that option still available?

          Eric

          -----

          No virus found in this message.

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 12, 2010
            The other day I checked on the AQ versions in the FHC. They said to have the
            latest update, but that was build 25. I was also wondering why build 26 was
            not available in the FHC?

            /Gunilla

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 12, 2010
              Due to a hardware failure, build 26 is not yet ready for the FHC
              version. Build 25 is the latest FHC version. We hope to have this
              hardware issue resolved soon, and make build 26 available in the FHC
              version.

              Gaylon

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 12, 2010
                Many thanks.

                Eric

                Due to a hardware failure, build 26 is not yet ready for the FHC
                version. Build 25 is the latest FHC version. We hope to have this
                hardware issue resolved soon, and make build 26 available in the FHC
                version.

                Gaylon

                On 11/12/2010 8:07 AM, Gunilla Manell wrote:
                > The other day I checked on the AQ versions in the FHC. They said to have
                the
                > latest update, but that was build 25. I was also wondering why build 26
                was
                > not available in the FHC?
                >

                > /Gunilla
                >

                > From: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>
                Of

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 12, 2010
                  Eric:

                  I just put out a new patch that fixes this and a couple of other minor
                  reported issues. If you want it, download

                  http://www.inclinesoftware.net/files/Latest.zip

                  Gaylon

                  On 11/5/2010 7:34 AM, emregister wrote:

                  > There appears to be a change. When reserving ordinances I normally click on
                  > 'endowment' and all pre-requisite ordinances are checked. Then I assign
                  > these to the temple. Previously, all ordinances were then assigned to
                  > 'temple', Now, baptism is left as 'me'. As a workaround if I assign
                  > baptism to temple then all the others follow.
                  >

                  > I have missed a few this way and processed them with the baptism as me and
                  > the others as temple. Easy to fix but a change nevertheless.
                  >

                  > Eric
                  >

                  > -----
                  >
                  > No virus found in this message.

                • stottd
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 12, 2010

                    I tried to run the executable .exe file but it "failed to start because
                    LTKRN13N.dll not found". What can I do to resolve this??

                    Duane L. Stott

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 12, 2010
                      Duane:

                      Oops.

                      I had thought I was sending this directly to Eric, and due to past
                      communications with him, I thought this was all he needed.

                      But as long as I have alerted the group to the patch, here are the rest
                      of the instructions on installing a patch:

                      1) Make sure you have closed AQ

                      2) Download the patch file (Latest.zip) from the link in the earlier
                      message.

                      3) Extract the contents of that file into your AQ program folder. This
                      should be:

                      "C:\Program Files\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 12.1"

                      The patch file should contain two files to be extracted: Ancquest.exe
                      and AQ.1033lng

                      These two files should replace the two files of the same name already in
                      your AQ program folder. Then when you run AQ the next time, it should
                      show today's date (11/12/10) rather than the date of the initial build 26.

                      Gaylon