Bath files are marked 'complete' but are not

  • emregister
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 6, 2010
      On a regular bases I 'review' all batch files. There is a column
      'completed' which will contain some 'X's. I would expect that all
      ordinances that have been reserved have been completed if there is an X in
      the completed column. However, many times the X is there but the ordinances
      are not yet completed. Any ideas/comments?

    • Donald R. Snow
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 6, 2010
        Many people aren't aware that all the earlier version of PAF are on
        the PAF CD that you get from the Distribution Centers and they are made
        so that they install in Windows. Using that any PAF database from an
        earlier version can be opened in the appropriate PAF version and then
        you can make a GEDCOM and import it into any newer genealogy program
        that takes GEDCOM's. I haven't used AQ to upgrade from an older PAF
        version, but I lost lots of links when I did the automatic upgrade in
        PAF 4 and 5, so I don't recommend the automatic upgrade, but I use the
        GEDCOM route.

        Don

        Dr. Donald R. Snow, Retired Professor of Mathematics, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah - snowd@...

        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 7, 2010
          From what I have seen with my data, when all ordinances that were cleared
          and printed on a card had been completed, the X would show the all
          ordinances on the card were done.

          If you haven't cleared seal to parents yet, then you still need to perform
          that from a different card. Sealing to spouse is done from a different card
          also.

          I have not yet seen what you apparently have experienced. Just a thought,
          did you update all, to transfer the dates to your database after ordinances
          were performed?

          /Gunilla

          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 7, 2010
            This occurs with records that were reserved for the temple. If all
            ordinances were not reserved this does not appear to affect the 'X'. It
            does not appear to be related to 'updating'.

            Eric

            From what I have seen with my data, when all ordinances that were cleared