AQ to the rescue

  • emregister
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 6, 2010
      Yesterday a patron came to the FHC. She had two 3.5 inch floppy disks with
      data from the 1980s. Fortunately she had a USB stick with her. To transfer
      the data to the USB stick was straight forward. The patron intended to use
      PAF but the data format was filename.dat and PAF did not recognize it. So..
      AQ to the rescue. AQ recognized the data instantly and configured it to AQ
      data. Then we asked AQ to configure the data for PAF. All was well and
      took very little time. She left a very happy patron. Thanks AQ.

    • emregister
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 6, 2010
        On a regular bases I 'review' all batch files. There is a column
        'completed' which will contain some 'X's. I would expect that all
        ordinances that have been reserved have been completed if there is an X in
        the completed column. However, many times the X is there but the ordinances
        are not yet completed. Any ideas/comments?

      • Donald R. Snow
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 6, 2010
          Many people aren't aware that all the earlier version of PAF are on
          the PAF CD that you get from the Distribution Centers and they are made
          so that they install in Windows. Using that any PAF database from an
          earlier version can be opened in the appropriate PAF version and then
          you can make a GEDCOM and import it into any newer genealogy program
          that takes GEDCOM's. I haven't used AQ to upgrade from an older PAF
          version, but I lost lots of links when I did the automatic upgrade in
          PAF 4 and 5, so I don't recommend the automatic upgrade, but I use the
          GEDCOM route.

          Don

          Dr. Donald R. Snow, Retired Professor of Mathematics, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah - snowd@...

          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 7, 2010
            From what I have seen with my data, when all ordinances that were cleared
            and printed on a card had been completed, the X would show the all
            ordinances on the card were done.

            If you haven't cleared seal to parents yet, then you still need to perform
            that from a different card. Sealing to spouse is done from a different card
            also.

            I have not yet seen what you apparently have experienced. Just a thought,
            did you update all, to transfer the dates to your database after ordinances
            were performed?

            /Gunilla

            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 7, 2010
              This occurs with records that were reserved for the temple. If all
              ordinances were not reserved this does not appear to affect the 'X'. It
              does not appear to be related to 'updating'.

              Eric

              From what I have seen with my data, when all ordinances that were cleared