Re: [AQ_NFS] Ordinance reservation and Managing batches crashes AQ

  • Margaret Thompson
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 17, 2010

      I am also getting an error using the reservation system. I am running the
      data on my HDD so it can't be a flash drive error. I will try to get details
      on the errors. I do have the latest version.

      Margaret

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 17, 2010
        I rebooted my PC (my PC has winXP) and then a virus scan started, so while I
        was waiting to see if the reboot helped, I opened AQ on my laptop. The
        laptop has win7 on it and the AQ does NOT have the patch. I used the same
        data on the same flash drive. On the laptop the Reservation screen and
        Review All screen opened without any problems at all.

        Then I tried my PC again after the reboot. This AQ had the patch installed.
        I only tested the Reservation screen and it looked like it had almost loaded
        completely, when the error came up and AQ shut down.

        I uninstalled the AQ with patch. Then I installed AQ again without the
        patch, dated April something. Then I tried both the Reservation screen and
        Review All screen. It took some time to load, but no crash.

        So the patch that fixed a similar problem for some people, messed my AQ up?
        Anyhow, it sure seems like my AQ works fine without the patch.

        Gaylon, to you still need a backup of may database for testing?

        (gfindlay@... <mailto:gfindlay%40ancquest.com> ) a backup copy of
        your database, along with a
        detailed description of what you were doing when the problem occurs.
        I'll look into it. You'll also need to send me the information I'll need
        to sign in as a helper for you -- your birth date and last 5 of the
        membership number.

        Gaylon

        On 9/16/2010 9:00 PM, Gunilla Manell wrote:
        > Gaylon,
        >

        > I was thinking I downloaded that patch. When I checked just now under
        > Help/About it says I am running version 12.1.25 and it is dated 9/3/10.
        > That looks like it was the patch?
        >

        > What else could be wrong? Tom Huber suggested it could have something to
        do
        > with my data residing on a flash drive? I have used it that way for years
        > and have had no problems until today. Could it be anything to that?
        >

        > /Gunilla
        >

        > From: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>
        Of