Re: [AQ_NFS] Ordinance reservation and Managing batches crashes AQ

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 16, 2010
      Gunilla:

      I think Tom described a flash drive that had an intermittent connection
      to his computer -- it sounded like the drive wasn't always available
      when AQ tried to work with the file. I think that if your flash drive is
      solid, you wouldn't expect the trouble he described.

      If you can reproduce this problem, please send me directly
      (gfindlay@...) a backup copy of your database, along with a
      detailed description of what you were doing when the problem occurs.
      I'll look into it. You'll also need to send me the information I'll need
      to sign in as a helper for you -- your birth date and last 5 of the
      membership number.

      Gaylon

      On 9/16/2010 9:00 PM, Gunilla Manell wrote:
      > Gaylon,
      >

      > I was thinking I downloaded that patch. When I checked just now under
      > Help/About it says I am running version 12.1.25 and it is dated 9/3/10.
      > That looks like it was the patch?
      >

      > What else could be wrong? Tom Huber suggested it could have something to do
      > with my data residing on a flash drive? I have used it that way for years
      > and have had no problems until today. Could it be anything to that?
      >

      > /Gunilla

    • Margaret Thompson
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 17, 2010

        I am also getting an error using the reservation system. I am running the
        data on my HDD so it can't be a flash drive error. I will try to get details
        on the errors. I do have the latest version.

        Margaret

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 17, 2010
          I rebooted my PC (my PC has winXP) and then a virus scan started, so while I
          was waiting to see if the reboot helped, I opened AQ on my laptop. The
          laptop has win7 on it and the AQ does NOT have the patch. I used the same
          data on the same flash drive. On the laptop the Reservation screen and
          Review All screen opened without any problems at all.

          Then I tried my PC again after the reboot. This AQ had the patch installed.
          I only tested the Reservation screen and it looked like it had almost loaded
          completely, when the error came up and AQ shut down.

          I uninstalled the AQ with patch. Then I installed AQ again without the
          patch, dated April something. Then I tried both the Reservation screen and
          Review All screen. It took some time to load, but no crash.

          So the patch that fixed a similar problem for some people, messed my AQ up?
          Anyhow, it sure seems like my AQ works fine without the patch.

          Gaylon, to you still need a backup of may database for testing?

          (gfindlay@... <mailto:gfindlay%40ancquest.com> ) a backup copy of
          your database, along with a
          detailed description of what you were doing when the problem occurs.
          I'll look into it. You'll also need to send me the information I'll need
          to sign in as a helper for you -- your birth date and last 5 of the
          membership number.

          Gaylon

          On 9/16/2010 9:00 PM, Gunilla Manell wrote:
          > Gaylon,
          >

          > I was thinking I downloaded that patch. When I checked just now under
          > Help/About it says I am running version 12.1.25 and it is dated 9/3/10.
          > That looks like it was the patch?
          >

          > What else could be wrong? Tom Huber suggested it could have something to
          do
          > with my data residing on a flash drive? I have used it that way for years
          > and have had no problems until today. Could it be anything to that?
          >

          > /Gunilla
          >

          > From: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>
          Of