Bug in Ordinance Batch Processing

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2010
      Over the last couple of weeks, some of you have reported that certain
      batch operations in AQ's ORTS now give you an error 400 and do not
      complete. We found that FamilySearch introduced a bug in the August
      release of NFS (about August 9), which made it so AQ could no longer get
      the list of reserved names from NFS. We just released a patch file which
      provides a work-around for this bug, so AQ can again retrieve the list
      of reserved names.

      If you use this feature, instructions for getting the patch are below.
      We are close to releasing a new build of AQ (another few weeks), and
      this patch will be part of that build. So you can either wait for the
      build, which will have a normal installer, or follow the instructions
      below if you want this patch immediately.

      By the way, if you are still logging in to NFS with the old New
      FamilySearch ID and password, you should start getting in the habit of
      using the new LDS account, as FamilySearch will no longer accept the New
      FamilySearch ID after their November release.

      Gaylon

      Download Instructions for Patch:

      1) Make a backup of your file (always make a backup before installing a
      new version, build or patch :-) )

      2) Close AQ

      3) Download this file:

      http://www.inclinesoftware.net/files/Latest.zip

      4) Extract the contents of "Latest.zip" to your AQ program folder. This
      is normally:

      C:\Program Files\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 12.1

      This will replace two files in your set of AQ files.

      5) Run AQ and check the date. Go to the Help menu, then to "About
      Ancestral Quest". You should see today's date (9/3/2010) if you
      successfully installed the patch.

      If you have any questions, ask them on this group, and either myself or
      on of the wonderful AQ users on this group will help you.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2010
        The patch resolved the problem I was having when I went to reconcile the nFS records with my AQ file.

        However, after reconciling the batches, AQ crashes if I attempt to "Review All" -- it doesn't if I review each batch individually. It also doesn't if I haven't reconciled before I started reviewing the work.

        I haven't tested this in more than one computer, but I did defrag the drive, and made sure I had a good internet connection. The failure would occur at random places in the process, so it isn't easily repeatable.

        Hopefully, you can take the file I sent before and work with it. If you need it, I can forward a zipped file to you along with my personal information.

        Thanks,