Re: [AQ_NFS] Re: reprint of ordinance cards

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 2, 2010
      All temples now use the scanner. That is part of new family search function.

      If the ordinance was done, the reprinted card will include the completed ordinances.

      Don't worry about duplicating the work, UNLESS, you work off both cards. Once you locate the original cards and after comparing them to the new cards and making sure that everything matches, you should destroy the old cards. I did that with my "lost" cards. My reprinted cards showed all previous ordinance work done.

      I purposely select the temple to do the baptisms and earlier ordinances. I choose "me" to do the endowments and sealings. When I print my card the earlier ordinance dates are in the appropriate field. Of course this is not "reprinting" the cards, but it illustrates that previous ordinances do show on the cards.

      When you do any family file work, you should always sync your completed work on AQ with NFS to ensure that the scanner at the temple was working. Because I have so many names submitted for the temple file and have handed out cards, I use the AQ check for changes function almost daily, if not several times a day to see what work is being done when and where. It is exciting to see 10 or 15 changes a day and ordinances being done in every corner of the world. Someone may be baptized in Chile, confirmed in Rexburg, have initiatories in Stockholm and endowments and sealings done at my local temple. The sealers get a kick out of seeing all the places this person has "been".

      To check for changes, I use the filter function to show any ordinance date is "submitted" Then I check for changes on those.

      At first I had difficulties with that process because the same ones would be showing up over and over again, but now that I know that I have to use the check/repair function on AQ periodically so I only get those names where there are true changes on nfs.

      This helps me sync the information into AQ and it also tells me when it is now time for me to do the work I want in the family file.

      I cannot imagine using nfs without AQ at least for reserving temple ordinances and checking for changes.

      Leslie Vaughn

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 2, 2010
        Margaret. See my recent response to Alec about his concerns about creating duplicates when you reprint a card.

        Bottom line is unless you use both cards, you will not be duplicating. The reprinted cards should have the previously done ordinance dates printed. The only reason they would not is if the temple scanner wasn't working when the earlier ordinance was done.

        Leslie

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 11, 2010
          To all those who who offered their suggestions, thank you. Gaylon at AQ was able to fix the problem for me. Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate the efforts for the programmers at AQ. They are really on top of their software and bend over backwards to make it work for us. I told a friend about the response and she and I agreed that AQ was the best genealogy software because of the great team behind the program and the frequent updates.

          Margaret