Re: [AQ_NFS] reserving ordinances

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 2, 2010
      Leslie:

      As with batches, AQ needs to be able to give you accurate, up-to-date
      information on the records you have in your reserve list when you look
      at it. The first time you open this screen for each AQ session, AQ will
      read the ordinance information on each person you have in your list to
      be able to provide that information for you. Once loaded, you can
      quickly get to this screen for the rest of the AQ session.

      The trick here is to keep this list small. Put some people on the list,
      check them out, then either reserve them or remove them from the list.
      (When you reserve them, they will be moved off of this list in one of
      two ways: 1) If you place them on an FOR, AQ will automatically take
      their name from this list and move them to a batch; 2) If you reserve
      them for the Temples to manage, use the "Remove" button at the bottom of
      the screen, and use the option to move all temple reserved records to a
      special batch.)

      If you keep records on the list that you aren't working with, it doesn't
      help you, but it requires AQ to read the ordinance status for the person
      on this list once for each AQ session. Because Ordinance reads are about
      the most time consuming read from NFS, this can take awhile. Keep the
      list pruned to just the names you are really working with.

      Gaylon

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
        Today, when I tried to get into Managing batches, when the little window
        opens, it is blank. It does not list my batches. I tried to sync and 2
        legacy batches showed up. Needless to say, I am not able to update
        ordinances that have been done recently.

        I am using build 12.1.28 and windows XP

        What's up?

        Gunilla Manell
        1488 NW 2 AVE
        ONTARIO OR 97914
        Phone# 541-889-9076
        e-mail: <mailto:gmanell@...> gmanell@...
        HOME PAGE URL:
        <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/> http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/
        FAMILY TREE HOME PAGE URL:
        <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html>
        http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
          Gunilla:

          To try to diagnose this a bit, why don't you backup your current
          database -- use a unique name for this backup so that it doesn't
          overwrite a prior backup. Then restore the most recent prior backup that
          you have and see if the backup has this data.

          Gaylon

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011

            I restored from a backup I made a few weeks ago. The manage batches window
            is being populated now.

            I recently converted to collaboration. Could that have anything to do with
            it?

            I first tried to get the manage batch window while I was I collaborative
            mode with my .ac file. The window was blank.

            Then I converted the collaborative file to an .aq file, and the window was
            still blank.

            Is it possible that once your data has been converted to .ac, you can no
            longer use the Manage batches window??

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
              Gunilla:

              We were just recently reminded that the conversion process did not
              convert the ordinance tracking portion of the database. This would
              explain it. We just fixed this a few days ago, and a new build will be
              out in a few days with this fix. Please hold off on converting this file
              to a collaboration file until after you get the new build with this fix.

              Gaylon

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
                Let me add one thought to anyone who is already collaborating.

                It is not the Collaborating that causes this problem, it is the
                conversion. If you are already collaborating and using AQ's ORTS, then
                as long as you keep the file as a collaborative file, you'll be OK. Just
                don't switch between a normal AQ or PAF file to collaborative (or visa
                versa) once you have started tracking ordinance records in AQ, until you