Re: [AQ_NFS] reserving ordinances

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 2, 2010
      I would also like to see a quicker way to reserve ordinances. When I click the reserve ordinance tab, it loads up EVERY person I have reserved before it would allow me to reserve one or two.

      Is there a way to reserve one or two without opening up and loading everyone.

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 2, 2010
        Leslie:

        As with batches, AQ needs to be able to give you accurate, up-to-date
        information on the records you have in your reserve list when you look
        at it. The first time you open this screen for each AQ session, AQ will
        read the ordinance information on each person you have in your list to
        be able to provide that information for you. Once loaded, you can
        quickly get to this screen for the rest of the AQ session.

        The trick here is to keep this list small. Put some people on the list,
        check them out, then either reserve them or remove them from the list.
        (When you reserve them, they will be moved off of this list in one of
        two ways: 1) If you place them on an FOR, AQ will automatically take
        their name from this list and move them to a batch; 2) If you reserve
        them for the Temples to manage, use the "Remove" button at the bottom of
        the screen, and use the option to move all temple reserved records to a
        special batch.)

        If you keep records on the list that you aren't working with, it doesn't
        help you, but it requires AQ to read the ordinance status for the person
        on this list once for each AQ session. Because Ordinance reads are about
        the most time consuming read from NFS, this can take awhile. Keep the
        list pruned to just the names you are really working with.

        Gaylon

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
          Today, when I tried to get into Managing batches, when the little window
          opens, it is blank. It does not list my batches. I tried to sync and 2
          legacy batches showed up. Needless to say, I am not able to update
          ordinances that have been done recently.

          I am using build 12.1.28 and windows XP

          What's up?

          Gunilla Manell
          1488 NW 2 AVE
          ONTARIO OR 97914
          Phone# 541-889-9076
          e-mail: <mailto:gmanell@...> gmanell@...
          HOME PAGE URL:
          <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/> http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/
          FAMILY TREE HOME PAGE URL:
          <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html>
          http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
            Gunilla:

            To try to diagnose this a bit, why don't you backup your current
            database -- use a unique name for this backup so that it doesn't
            overwrite a prior backup. Then restore the most recent prior backup that
            you have and see if the backup has this data.

            Gaylon

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
              Gaylon,

              I restored from a backup I made a few weeks ago. The manage batches window
              is being populated now.

              I recently converted to collaboration. Could that have anything to do with
              it?

              I first tried to get the manage batch window while I was I collaborative
              mode with my .ac file. The window was blank.

              Then I converted the collaborative file to an .aq file, and the window was
              still blank.

              Is it possible that once your data has been converted to .ac, you can no
              longer use the Manage batches window??

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
                Gunilla:

                We were just recently reminded that the conversion process did not
                convert the ordinance tracking portion of the database. This would
                explain it. We just fixed this a few days ago, and a new build will be
                out in a few days with this fix. Please hold off on converting this file
                to a collaboration file until after you get the new build with this fix.

                Gaylon

                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
                  Let me add one thought to anyone who is already collaborating.

                  It is not the Collaborating that causes this problem, it is the
                  conversion. If you are already collaborating and using AQ's ORTS, then
                  as long as you keep the file as a collaborative file, you'll be OK. Just
                  don't switch between a normal AQ or PAF file to collaborative (or visa
                  versa) once you have started tracking ordinance records in AQ, until you