Re: [AQ_NFS] Re: Replace/Edit remote fact

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
      Eric:

      Again, please take some screen shots to document visually what you are
      doing and send them directly to me. It will help us recreate a similar
      situation as best as we can to answer this better.

      Gaylon

      Eric wrote:
      > Further to the situation below. How does it happen that when reviewing a person my ordinance information is marked (unofficial) but I have a chance to sync this ordinance data to nFS. I elect to do that but, again, no change occurrs in nFS. I can understand why it would not change but I cannot understand why AQ implies that it will change.
      >
      > Eric
      >

      > --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <emregister@...> wrote:
      >
      >> It I elect to relace a remote event it may or it may not. If the event is a birth and I replace it with my data which is the standardized place name it looks like it will work but in reviewing in nFS it has not been replaced. Nothing happenss. It did, however, in the few I looked at, work to replace the burial event.
      >>
      >> If I Add to the remote as an additional fact then nFS shows my new entry as an alternate addess.
      >>
      >> The additional information is fine but it should be clear that the data is not being replaced.
      >>
      >> Eric

    • register
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009

        Unfortunately I cannot replicate it. I have tried. It comes up often but
        not every time. It is a nuisance but nothing more. No data is lost and
        little time is lost. If I can replicate it I will get some additional
        information and screen shots to you.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
          I have the screen shots but I should send them to you privately rather than
          plug up this forum. I will send them to wherever you direct.

          Eric

          Eric & Marnie Abell

          Saanichton, BC, Canada

          (250) 652 4616

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
            Eric:

            Send them to my address, gfindlay@....

            Thanks,

            Gaylon

            register wrote:
            > I have the screen shots but I should send them to you privately rather than
            > plug up this forum. I will send them to wherever you direct.
            >

            > Eric
            >

            > Eric & Marnie Abell
            >
            > Saanichton, BC, Canada
            >
            > (250) 652 4616

          • register
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 4, 2009
              Now that I have synchronized everyone I want to check the parent and spouse
              sealings. I am not having a lot of luck. Is there a tutorial or more
              comprehensive description than on the help system? Any ideas/tips will be
              appreciated.