Re: [AQ_NFS] Re: Build 17 of AQ 12.1 Released

  • Alan Whitcomb
    Message 1 of 13 , May 26, 2009
      On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 8:03 AM, ghfindlay <gfindlay@...> wrote:

      > Downloading the entire program and installing it on top of itself is not
      > TOO bad, those of us Wine-os have to do it.

      Now if only it didn't crash in the screen translation pages....

      I am going to break down and see if there are any copy protections
      prohibiting me from installing AQ on more than one computer. (my backup
      laptop uses XP).

      > When you click on the option in AQ to "Check for Latest AQ Release", AQ
      > asks Windows to activate your browser (typically Internet Explorer or
      > Firefox), and requests that it go to a certain page on the Internet.
      >
      > It sounds like either the site was temporarily unresponsive (just try
      > again), or something isn't set up correctly in your computer with your
      > browser.
      >
      > The alternate way to get the latest release of AQ is to simply download the
      > free trial (I would use the Basic Installer) from www.ancquest.com and
      > install it. Since the free trial is actually the full program, as soon as
      > you install it, it will recognize your activation key (presuming that you
      > are registered) and be ready to go.
      >
      > Gaylon
      >

      > --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>, <rdw20@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Gaylon,
      > >
      > > I tried to get the upgrade according to your message but, I was
      > unsuccesful. My computer said that it could not open the site. Have you
      > heard of this before. Maybe my computer isn't set up properly or their is
      > somethig else wrong. Could you be of some assistance? Thank you!

    • dlstarr1200
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 13, 2009
        Gayon,
        I loaded the new version, but the "UNKOWN" names are still in the database. How do I resync to get the names updated?
        Thanks.

        --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, Peggy Hanton <peggyjo@...> wrote:

        > Thank you so much!!! I will try tomorrow.
        >
        > I enjoyed your presentation in Kensington last Tuesday morning. Well
        > done!
        >

        > >> I am; I can; I ought; I will.
        >

        > From: Gaylon Findlay <gfindlay@...>
        > Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 21:56:44 -0600
        > To: <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] Downloaded names come in as 'unknown'
        >

        > Peggy:
        >
        > Apparently the NFS team put out a new set of code this weekend with
        > changes that caused this effect in AQ. After some experimentation, we
        > have found that the latest patch for AQ does not have this problem. This
        > may cause us to release a new build sooner than we had wanted. Until we
        > do so, you can download and use the latest patch.
        >
        > The patch file can be found here:
        >
        > http://www.ancestralquestonline.com/updates/files/latest.zip
        >
        > To install it, download the file above, then extract the two compressed
        > files into your AQ program file (typically this is "c:\Program
        > Files\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 12.1") This will replace two
        > files in your set of AQ program files, and this problem should go away.
        >
        > Gaylon
        >
        > ojyggep wrote:
        > > I have tried starting with a new AQ database, entering my name, and then
        > downloading my parents' files from New FamilySearch.
        > >
        > > The events seem to come in just fine, but all the people are named "Unknown".
        > >
        > > What am I doing wrong?
        > >
        > > Peggy

      • register
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 6, 2009
          Gaylon,

          Earlier you said AQ would at some point have the ability to print FORs. Are
          you able to predict a time when this feature might be available? I am
          trying to steer our patrons to AQ but they keep looking at the FOR feature
          in Roots Magic, forgetting that an FOR is something that will be printed
          only occasionally but they see it as a big selling point. It would be nice
          it I had a good answer for them re AQ.

          Eric

          Eric & Marnie Abell

          Saanichton, BC, Canada

          (250) 652 4616

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 6, 2009
            All:

            Please don't spread the word quite yet, but this is VERY close. We hope
            to go into a short beta testing on this feature before the end of this
            week. If all goes well, we hope to release this new feature in about 2
            weeks.

            Right now, we are looking for volunteers to help test it. If you are
            interested, please send me an e-mail directly (please do NOT reply
            directly to the group on this.)

            gfindlay@...

            AQ is already certified to handle the ordinance reservations, and has
            been for over 2 weeks. See this page:
            http://devnet.familysearch.org/certification/affiliate-program/AffiliateCertfied

            We have been holding off on drawing people's attention to this until we
            were closer to releasing these features. Just a few more days ...

            Gaylon

            register wrote:
            > Gaylon,
            >
            > Earlier you said AQ would at some point have the ability to print FORs. Are
            > you able to predict a time when this feature might be available? I am
            > trying to steer our patrons to AQ but they keep looking at the FOR feature
            > in Roots Magic, forgetting that an FOR is something that will be printed
            > only occasionally but they see it as a big selling point. It would be nice
            > it I had a good answer for them re AQ.
            >

            > Eric
            >

            > Eric & Marnie Abell
            >
            > Saanichton, BC, Canada
            >
            > (250) 652 4616

          • Scott Scheibe
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 6, 2009
              One thing I would really like to print is match lists and
              possible matches, ect. Right now I've been writing down RINs of not
              synced people and then looking them up and working on them from the
              families which works much better than searching for them from the
              search screen. It would be a lot easer if AQ would print the list so
              I don't have to write down a LOT of RIN numbers.

              Scott Scheibe
              dsscheibe@...
              <http://scottsworld.info/gene.htm>

              Descendants of Capt. Henry WOODWARD
              <http://woodward.scottsworld.info/>
            • register
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 7, 2009
                Here is an idea. If you do a shift-printscreen you will find an image of
                the screen on your clipboard. If you F11 first you will get an even better
                image. Now open something like Microsoft Word and paste the clipboard to
                the file - then print. If you want a better result, paste the image into a
                photo editor - something like Paint.net, then crop or enlarge or whatever
                and you can save and print and get the list you want.

                Unfortunately this works for only a few names at a time so maybe someone has
                a better idea.

                Eric

                One thing I would really like to print is match lists and
                possible matches, ect. Right now I've been writing down RINs of not
                synced people and then looking them up and working on them from the
                families which works much better than searching for them from the
                search screen. It would be a lot easer if AQ would print the list so
                I don't have to write down a LOT of RIN numbers.

                Scott Scheibe
                dsscheibe@earthlink <mailto:dsscheibe%40earthlink.net> .net
                <http://scottsworld. <http://scottsworld.info/gene.htm> info/gene.htm>

                Descendants of Capt. Henry WOODWARD
                <http://woodward. <http://woodward.scottsworld.info/> scottsworld.info/>

              • Leslievaughn@cfl.rr.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 7, 2009
                  That is an easy one.

                  If you don't know how to do lists or for those who don't

                  Search>Advanced Filter>Advanced Filter/Focus/Define>Possible Fields> NFS ID>Does Not Exist>OK>OK>Print Reports>Custom then Name your report then print