nFS was down

  • frankreid
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2010
      Last night, at the Ogden (Utah) Regional FHC, we also experienced trouble with the nFS. It didn't matter how the connection was made, whether directly - our most common way - or with a third party software program through the API. Everyone had trouble. It existed most of the day, also.

      One man, a patron, who comes in to do work said he had earlier printed out four FORs and taken them to the (Ogden) temple to do the work. The family office was able to print the cards but later, when he tried to actually do the work, he was told that those names had been "dropped."

      When he came to the FHC and logged onto the nFS it showed those names were removed entirely. An hour later, however, he was able to see all the names intact and reserved by him. He printed the screens which showed the names to take to the temple. Of course, it wasn't the temple's fault. But it shows that the nFS system had some serious problems yesterday and last night.

      I just checked a minute ago and everything was working fine as far as I could tell. It didn't help, last night, that the air conditioning was out so we were all working in 85 degrees temperature.
      Frank Reid
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2010
        Frank:

        Thanks for letting us know your observations.

        We just got word from FamilySearch that they feel like the system is
        back up -- so I'm passing on the official word.

        Gaylon

        frankreid wrote:
        > Last night, at the Ogden (Utah) Regional FHC, we also experienced trouble with the nFS. It didn't matter how the connection was made, whether directly - our most common way - or with a third party software program through the API. Everyone had trouble. It existed most of the day, also.
        >
        > One man, a patron, who comes in to do work said he had earlier printed out four FORs and taken them to the (Ogden) temple to do the work. The family office was able to print the cards but later, when he tried to actually do the work, he was told that those names had been "dropped."
        >
        > When he came to the FHC and logged onto the nFS it showed those names were removed entirely. An hour later, however, he was able to see all the names intact and reserved by him. He printed the screens which showed the names to take to the temple. Of course, it wasn't the temple's fault. But it shows that the nFS system had some serious problems yesterday and last night.
        >
        > I just checked a minute ago and everything was working fine as far as I could tell. It didn't help, last night, that the air conditioning was out so we were all working in 85 degrees temperature.
        > Frank Reid

      • Linda Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 16, 2010
          The Temple Ordinance List was not working most of yesterday. As of last
          evening it was working again. Any FORs that were printed while it was down,
          did not work at the temple and needed to be reprinted. Names that were
          reserved may need to be reserved again.

           931 Justice Grade, Hagerman, Idaho 83332
          208-837-6238
          208-316-5725
          smithous@...

          "Choose you this day, whom you will serve; but as for me and my house, we
          will serve the Lord."