Problem communicating with nFS

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2010
      This afternoon, I have had problems, first logging on to nFS from AQ, and
      when I finally was logged on, I was unable to sync. AQ never could pull the
      info from nFS, but just hung there until I finally had to close AQ all
      together.

      The first attempts to log on gave an error message (by the way, how come it
      does not work to copy an error message? It seems like whatever application I
      am using, if I get an error message, I have to write it down by hand, and
      then type into any complaint message that I am sending. And I neglected to
      write this one down.)

      When I finally was logged on, I tried to sync a person. I could see the
      person I wanted to connect to, but after I clicked the line it was on, it
      just hung there, and I could not complete the syncing.

      I went on-line to nFS to see if I was able to log in. No problem there. I
      was also able to search for and find the person I had tried to sync to. So
      nFS did not have a problem. The problem is between AQ and nFS.

      /Gunilla

      P.S. Why is it that I NEVER GET A COPY OF THE MESSAGES I SEND TO THE AQ OR
      AQ_ NFS LIST? I don't know that the message got there until someone
      happens to make a comment on it. Is there a setting I am missing?

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2010
        Gunilla:

        NFS has been down for several hours. We still have not received a notice
        from FamilySearch that they know what the problem is -- just that their
        API is down, which means that none of the affiliate products will work
        with NFS until they resolve it. Just be patient and try again later.
        Once NFS is back up, your AQ should continue to work with it as before.

        I understand that new.familysearch.org itself is up -- it is just the
        API that is down, so only the affiliate products, like AQ, cannot access
        the NFS data.

        I think there is a setting in your Yahoo Group settings for this group
        that determines whether Yahoo sends you a copy of the messages you send out.

        Gaylon

        Gunilla Manell wrote:
        > This afternoon, I have had problems, first logging on to nFS from AQ, and
        > when I finally was logged on, I was unable to sync. AQ never could pull the
        > info from nFS, but just hung there until I finally had to close AQ all
        > together.
        >
        > The first attempts to log on gave an error message (by the way, how come it
        > does not work to copy an error message? It seems like whatever application I
        > am using, if I get an error message, I have to write it down by hand, and
        > then type into any complaint message that I am sending. And I neglected to
        > write this one down.)
        >

        > When I finally was logged on, I tried to sync a person. I could see the
        > person I wanted to connect to, but after I clicked the line it was on, it
        > just hung there, and I could not complete the syncing.
        >

        > I went on-line to nFS to see if I was able to log in. No problem there. I
        > was also able to search for and find the person I had tried to sync to. So
        > nFS did not have a problem. The problem is between AQ and nFS.
        >

        > /Gunilla
        >

        > P.S. Why is it that I NEVER GET A COPY OF THE MESSAGES I SEND TO THE AQ OR
        > AQ_ NFS LIST? I don't know that the message got there until someone
        > happens to make a comment on it. Is there a setting I am missing?

      • Tom Huber
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2010
          On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:24:16 -0600, you wrote:

          >This afternoon, I have had problems, first logging on to nFS from AQ, and
          >when I finally was logged on, I was unable to sync. AQ never could pull the
          >info from nFS, but just hung there until I finally had to close AQ all
          >together.
          I had the same problems this afternoon. Like you, I checked nFS
          directly and had no problems. It may be something that the programmers
          are doing at nFS behind the scenes. Hopefully, Gaylon or someone has
          contacted nFS to see what the story is.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 13, 2010
            Thanks Gaylon.

            I'll check out my settings in Yahoo groups.